Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: ScratchDNA functionality

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I just had a try of the new ScratchDNA pad page....

It didn't quite work the way I was expecting.

For a start, the track continues to play under the scratch - so it sounds like the track is not being scratched.

Then I though well maybe I need to scratch when the track is stopped - but scratching (pressing a pad) makes the track play.

IMO scratching should either scratch the track as it plays (i.e. should not keep playing underneath) or it should be possible to scratch when paused without making the track start playing.

In other words, real scratching either makes the playing track stop & go back/forth when you grab it, or you would be using a secondary track to scratch over the playing one, and the scratch sounds should not carry on when you've completed the scratch.

[edit] another thought: how do you scratch from a specific cue point? If you have the pads set to ScratchDNA then you can't use them to play from a cue point, and vice versa. Maybe the scratch pads could trigger samples?

geposted Sat 09 Jun 18 @ 2:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
groovindj wrote :
... the track continues to play under the scratch - so it sounds like the track is not being scratched..

From the SCRATCH Pads menu (small button at the right), disable the "Over" option

groovindj wrote :
Then I though well maybe I need to scratch when the track is stopped - but scratching (pressing a pad) makes the track play..

Short press/click when track is stopped, performs the scratch and stops at the previous (stopped) position.
Long press, makes the track to continue playing after scratch is done

geposted Sat 09 Jun 18 @ 2:47 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I can write you up a script so that param 1 of the scratch pad can pick a hotcue or no cue to scratch.
I'm also working on my own thing to scratch wilst over is off and to slip to the point it would have been without the scratch.
Like if you had 2 copies, mute the first, scratch the second and unmute the first when finished.

geposted Sat 09 Jun 18 @ 2:57 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 3:28 am
He estado viendo post de personas que han intentado hacer sellos discograficos y de quienes lo han logrado, y me gustaria pedir humildemente pertenecer a alguno de ellos.

La cosa es que llevo al menos unos 6 años produciendo musica electronica, y comencé con un monton de influencias,
dark wave, synthpop, futurepop, dark ambient, new wave, new age, techno, EBM, Electro-dark, etc. Y desde siempre he tenido la idea de dar a conocer mi musica, sea como sea, pero por desgracia, soy malo en la publicidad y el diseño grafico, y aunque esté registrado y con mi musica en miles de paginas de social network como Facebook, myspace, soundcloud, last fm, iLike, The sixty one, youtube y demás, no he conseguido ni un poco de atencion, y no porque la musica sea mala (no creo que lo sea) sino porque la cosa ahi es publicarse y tener actividad y no solo subir las canciones.

geposted Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 5:08 am
Jhon edinson ramirez wrote :
He estado viendo post de personas que han intentado hacer sellos discograficos y de quienes lo han logrado, y me gustaria pedir humildemente pertenecer a alguno de ellos.

La cosa es que llevo al menos unos 6 años produciendo musica electronica, y comencé con un monton de influencias,
dark wave, synthpop, futurepop, dark ambient, new wave, new age, techno, EBM, Electro-dark, etc. Y desde siempre he tenido la idea de dar a conocer mi musica, sea como sea, pero por desgracia, soy malo en la publicidad y el diseño grafico, y aunque esté registrado y con mi musica en miles de paginas de social network como Facebook, myspace, soundcloud, last fm, iLike, The sixty one, youtube y demás, no he conseguido ni un poco de atencion, y no porque la musica sea mala (no creo que lo sea) sino porque la cosa ahi es publicarse y tener actividad y no solo subir las canciones.

Wrong place for this totally maybe even the wrong web site because this is nothing to do with VDJ but you could try here -> https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/12/Spanish_Forum.html

geposted Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 11:35 am
locodog wrote :
I can write you up a script so that param 1 of the scratch pad can pick a hotcue or no cue to scratch.
I'm also working on my own thing to scratch wilst over is off and to slip to the point it would have been without the scratch.
Like if you had 2 copies, mute the first, scratch the second and unmute the first when finished.

I like the sound of that.......

geposted Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 1:05 pm
LSL50 wrote :
locodog wrote :

I like the sound of that.......

See djdad's post above - there is now an alternative pad page

geposted Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 1:12 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I think it was slip he was on about

scratch_dna "PaTtErN" & slip on & repeat_start_instant "buttonCatch" 33ms & pad X ? nothing : repeat_stop "buttonCatch" & slip off

pad X being the pad number calling the scratch,
Only works with single presses, still working on multipress...

geposted Sun 10 Jun 18 @ 2:59 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)