Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Not able to record - Page: 1
I'm using version 8.3 build 4432. I tried to record a mix this morning, but when I start the track, it still says "Waiting for sound to begin recording..." This has never been an issue until today. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

geposted Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 4:30 pm
As it says, it waits for sound to be played.
Therefore:
1) If you don't have a Record line on your sound setup, turn up the fader of a deck, hit play and it should start recording.
2) If you DO have a Record line on your sound setup make sure it's getting sound (check cables, connections, e.t.c.)

You can turn off the setting that waits for sound before the recording starts, but it won't resolve your problem if cases 1 & 2 are not valid...

geposted Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 4:42 pm

geposted Mon 11 Jun 18 @ 4:48 pm
i cant record my mix, when i go to record it says waiting for sound to begin recording and then when i play the sound it still doesnt record and the file is just empty. how can i fix this?

geposted Wed 06 Nov 19 @ 8:20 pm
You need to provide more info.

What's your VDJ audio config setup? Post a pic.

Are you using any external hardware (controller, audio interface)?

geposted Wed 06 Nov 19 @ 8:36 pm
i have virtual dj 8 its just standard, not externals unless u mean like logic, but other than that its just my mac speakers and virtual dj

geposted Thu 07 Nov 19 @ 8:53 am
....and your audio config?

geposted Thu 07 Nov 19 @ 5:48 pm
output is speaker head phone
hardware usb soundcard (idk what that is)

geposted Thu 07 Nov 19 @ 9:50 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Fri 08 Nov 19 @ 8:57 am
is dvs only for pioneer bc i dont think im using pioneer just standard virtual dj

geposted Fri 08 Nov 19 @ 9:15 am
Sorry, my previous post was for the Original Poster. Seems like your case is different.

Can you check the Audio Setup of VirtualDJ, and tell us what you have in there ?

Just "Master" (and "Headphones") or have you added any input lines ?
A screenshot of that Audio Setup tab would help.

geposted Fri 08 Nov 19 @ 10:17 am
not sure how to post screenshot but i can say , outputs speaker and what not, no inputs, my master is my mac speakers , inputs say record and my mac microphone

geposted Fri 08 Nov 19 @ 11:18 am
Remove the "record" line from your Audio setup. Not needed, VDJ will record your "Master" automatically.
As for the Mic input, if you want to record it, you may need to allow VirtualDJ to use it, from System Preferences->Security->Privacy tab->Microphone

geposted Fri 08 Nov 19 @ 11:35 am
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
sadboyydyl wrote :
not sure how to post screenshot but i can say ,

How to Load an Image into a Topic

you are launching vdj
1) You press the syst screen button on your keyboard
2) You open the paint application
3) Right click on the white background of the page, and you have it paste and the image will appear on the page Pain.
4) You save the image file
5) You open the page of the site of vdj where you post your messages,
6) At the bottom click on the last icon on the right to name insert-Picture,
7) A window just below will appear click on the button -> [browse] to search the image
8) Click the [Upload] button to load the image here.
9) Once the image load click on the [Save] button at the bottom.

Cordially
LIMOL

geposted Fri 08 Nov 19 @ 12:55 pm
i guess it was the inputs! finally works , thank u so much

geposted Fri 08 Nov 19 @ 6:06 pm
can you please tell me how you fixed it? I am having the same problem :(

geposted Sat 26 Dec 20 @ 10:21 pm
When I try to record it says cannot record protected content DRM it's never done this before I don't understand why it is now

geposted Sun 15 Aug 21 @ 2:11 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@wisedude713 trying to record online music sources [soundcloud, deezer etc] won't work.

geposted Sun 15 Aug 21 @ 5:27 am
My problem is ,when i want to record video and clicked the mp4 option,it results to only audio.NO VIDEO RECORDED.What might be the problem

geposted Wed 29 Dec 21 @ 8:33 am
I have done all the settings on video recording in virtual dj 2023 but when I play my recorded mix it only plays as an audio what's the problem

geposted Tue 21 Feb 23 @ 8:31 am
95%