Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Playlist - Missing Files Issue - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Greetings, can someone please explain to me why this keeps happening with my playlist that I create. I will come back and a week or months later some of my files in my playlist will end up missing or saying not found. When they are definitely on my music hard drive or course I could use the function within VDJ to locate missing files, but that becomes annoying after a while. What should I be doing to prevent this from happening.

Thanks in advance!!

geposted Sat 30 Jun 18 @ 5:36 pm
maybe external drive and the drive letter changes?

geposted Sat 30 Jun 18 @ 5:39 pm
I am experiencing the same issues. No external drive and i never relocate files ( except using the "move files" function in virtual dj...

geposted Sun 01 Jul 18 @ 10:51 am
JVILLEBOY809 wrote :
this keeps happening

There are no missing files indicated on that image. Four new files at the bottom, but nothing marked as missing.

geposted Sun 01 Jul 18 @ 10:59 am
groovindj wrote :
[quote=JVILLEBOY809]this keeps happening

There are no missing files indicated on that image. Four new files at the bottom, but nothing marked as missing.

Wrong those are missing files, it is coming up that way because of the skin that I am using.

geposted Sun 01 Jul 18 @ 3:14 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Open the tag editor for these files then to see the full path and what might be wrong with it.

geposted Sun 01 Jul 18 @ 3:18 pm
Adion wrote :
Open the tag editor for these files then to see the full path and what might be wrong with it.

OK I will try that and see thank you!

geposted Sun 01 Jul 18 @ 3:20 pm
This is what i am experiencing. Playlist is made in VDJ, not imported...
None of the files have been moved, all the files can be found using the "find missing file" option in VDJ

I am using the last build before the 2018 version on a MacBook Pro.

geposted Mon 02 Jul 18 @ 6:19 pm
....and when you check the file location (by using tag editor) what does it show?

The 'missing file' error only occurs when a file cannot be found in its original location (when it was added to the database). So the files have either been moved, renamed or the drive is not connected any more.

geposted Mon 02 Jul 18 @ 6:26 pm
groovindj wrote :
....and when you check the file location (by using tag editor) what does it show?

The 'missing file' error only occurs when a file cannot be found in its original location (when it was added to the database). So the files have either been moved, renamed or the drive is not connected any more.

It says error file not found which is incorrect as if I have VDJ option to relocate file its found and there was no file change or drive change. I use the same hard drive which hasn't changed. So it is just weird that this is happening.

geposted Mon 02 Jul 18 @ 6:35 pm
groovindj wrote :

Hhhmmmm.... Oké, the folder has been moved to another location. Maybe i did this myself :)

Problem: Solved...
Thanks for the help :)

geposted Mon 02 Jul 18 @ 6:44 pm
JVILLEBOY809 wrote :
I have VDJ option to relocate file its found

OK but where is it found?

Please post the full file path shown in the tag editor for one of the missing files, then post the full file path of where that same file is found.

geposted Mon 02 Jul 18 @ 7:02 pm
TheOldGuy wrote :
Hhhmmmm.... Oké, the folder has been moved to another location. Maybe i did this myself :)

Noooooooooooo, I think the boogeyman moved it. Be wewy, wewy, careful.

geposted Mon 02 Jul 18 @ 9:43 pm
groovindj wrote :
JVILLEBOY809 wrote :
I have VDJ option to relocate file its found

OK but where is it found?

Please post the full file path shown in the tag editor for one of the missing files, then post the full file path of where that same file is found.

Yo here is the file path

geposted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 2:53 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
groovindj wrote :

Please post the full file path shown in the tag editor for one of the missing files,then post the full file path of where that same file is found.

Like pulling teeth sometimes... right thats the path of the missing , where is the path where you found it?

geposted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 3:01 am
Simple rules here. Create a structured way of filing your music and don't go moving files around outwith VDJ.

geposted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 7:00 am
kradcliffe wrote :
Simple rules here. Create a structured way of filing your music and don't go moving files around outwith VDJ.

Dude if you have read my earlier post the files were never moved around. Besides who has time to be moving files around? The files always remain in the folder that my music is stored.

geposted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 12:23 pm
locodog wrote :
groovindj wrote :

Please post the full file path shown in the tag editor for one of the missing files,then post the full file path of where that same file is found.

Like pulling teeth sometimes... right thats the path of the missing , where is the path where you found it?

That is also the file path where it can be found, so again not sure why the software is saying error loading or missing file.

geposted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 12:26 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
are you renaming them outside vdj?

geposted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 12:29 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Show a screenshot of the tag editor when the file is not found, then select relocate and fix it, then make another screenshot of the now corrected file in tag editor.
If it was not found the first time, both will not be identical.

geposted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 12:31 pm
87%