Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Broadcasting Trouble

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have done audio broadcasting in the past from what is now my backup laptop; but am having an issue with broadcasting from my new primary laptop. Other than being new hardware they are setup identically in regards to Windows 10 operating system and bitdefender antivirus / firewall rules. I am getting the
Ups! Failed to connect to the DJs broadcast.
This broadcast is not reachable. Either the DJs computer has not open port for incoming connections, or the DJ has already ended the broadcast.

If you have an connection error showing on page here, the DJ might need to open up port 8000 in firewall to be reachable for incoming connections

But cannot figure out why. I have checked and rechecked everything I can think of. Nothing else is using port 8000 on the newer laptop and both are on the same network; so it cannot be a router related issue (just to be sure I even tried a different network). I am not tying to broadcast from both machines at the same time. Thanks for any suggestions.

geposted Sat 11 Aug 18 @ 2:18 pm
don't forget to go into your firewall settings and set VirtualDJ as an allowed exception

geposted Sat 11 Aug 18 @ 2:31 pm
you will need to allow it on bitdefender as well or disable it

also if you have a router you will need to open the port there

geposted Sat 11 Aug 18 @ 2:40 pm
I have Windows Defender Firewall turned off completely and use BitDefender Firewall. I have the following set for Virtual DJ on both laptops:

Thanks for the suggestions; but still looking.

geposted Sat 11 Aug 18 @ 3:09 pm
OK this issue is resolved. In settings the option for broadcastdirectport should be set to 8000 mine was blank. I put in the 8000 port and the broadcast began working correctly. But starting a different thread for a different broadcast question.

geposted Sat 11 Aug 18 @ 3:58 pm
I only have firewall and it still no working :/

geposted Thu 23 Aug 18 @ 6:20 pm
RCBAudio wrote :
OK this issue is resolved. In settings the option for broadcastdirectport should be set to 8000 mine was blank. I put in the 8000 port and the broadcast began working correctly. But starting a different thread for a different broadcast question.

Did you put in "8000" or "8000 port"

geposted Fri 07 Dec 18 @ 8:43 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)