Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Karaoke Singer Rotation Option?
With the latest Karaoke updates to VDJ8, I still see no option for a possible singer rotation in the right-side singers list. This would be a great add-on if we could have singers rotate to the bottom of the list "Without having to" assign a specific song first. Also to deactivate a singer if he/she has not songs submitted.

Having the rotation option helps to keep your singers in the "fair" rotation listing as some do not put in requests as quick as you would like to keep them in the rotation. I know about the "history" listing of singers, however if this was a new crowd?????

Any thoughts....or ideas would be great. Maybe a future build update for this option to somehow work. I know other Karaoke software has this feature and it works great.

geposted Fri 17 Aug 18 @ 3:42 am
yes it seems they removed it. blah!!!

geposted Sun 19 Aug 18 @ 8:38 pm
mike44PRO InfinityMember since 2010
KDJ Angela I feel your pain! Some of us have been asking for a long time for the the karaoke singers list to function this way.

geposted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 3:52 am
mike44PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Funky ties I feel your pain!

geposted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 3:53 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Why not get some track that is just a few seconds of silence then and use it as a place holder to remember which singer is at which position?

geposted Tue 27 Nov 18 @ 6:00 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Adion wrote :
Why not get some track that is just a few seconds of silence then and use it as a place holder to remember which singer is at which position?

I am getting back into the Karaoke scene. It took a little bit to set the Karake side view to a comfortable state for me.
Turning off the removal of played songs helped with the rotation. Creating a blank track with the title "Please submit a song" or something seems like a workable suggestion. Then they might see they are coming up on the screen and need to put in a song.

geposted Thu 29 Nov 18 @ 5:29 am
Fantastic information from all. With the most recent update [as of this post], they did put the automix, karaoke, etc. tabs at the bottom with the actual name of the tab with the icon. That's good. And the venue name is great too.

Again, singers need to be kept in your set and rotated {automatically} to the bottom. We already have the option to move them up or down in the positioning list, now all we need is after a singer completes his/her song it goes to the bottom.

If you look in the history of the program it shows you what [and how many] songs a singer does during that venue or event. Why not add that to the rotation list as well.

Some of my singers, do not give me new songs and expects me to know their history. I would like the VDJ karaoke program to allow the history to be listed when I had that singers name to the rotation.

I know this is asking for a lot, but I do think it can be done with the proper programming

Keep the ideas coming .....YOU all are a great source of ideas.

DJ Funky Ties

geposted Fri 04 Jan 19 @ 1:40 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Yep, singers history is the very important missing link in VDJ, but I have a work around which I will share with you...
Create a virtual folder with the venue's name.
Create a sub folder with the singers name.
Copy each song to the singers folder so you will have a history.

geposted Mon 14 Jan 19 @ 8:07 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
JoeyKJ wrote :
Yep, singers history is the very important missing link in VDJ, but I have a work around which I will share with you...
Create a virtual folder with the venue's name.
Create a sub folder with the singers name.
Copy each song to the singers folder so you will have a history.

There is a singer/song history when you use the Karaoke plugin. But, VDJ does not do a singer rotation list.

geposted Tue 15 Jan 19 @ 3:50 am
@blckjck
Hmm, just to be clear, are you saying that the current karaoke plugin has a singers history component within, so that it saves each singers song selection by venue, like a folder or separate database?

geposted Tue 15 Jan 19 @ 3:51 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Tue 15 Jan 19 @ 3:59 pm
Nice to know, so basically it has the same outcome in the way I manually do it now...

geposted Tue 15 Jan 19 @ 4:07 pm
Hi Everyone! is there any option for karaoke songs to start by themselves?

geposted Fri 15 Mar 19 @ 5:22 pm
Yes, put them in Automix playlist as you need them to play and you also have the option of putting audio tracks in between if needed.

geposted Fri 15 Mar 19 @ 6:15 pm
ty for your time, in automix I won't be able to put the singer name...I was rreferring when I make the singer playlist, is there any possibility to make it run like automix? right now i'm working with karaoke media pro4 where you can set music background, time between songs and starts alone...can I do this this things in VDJ? sorry for my english

geposted Fri 15 Mar 19 @ 6:30 pm
Funky Ties wrote :
With the latest Karaoke updates to VDJ8, I still see no option for a possible singer rotation in the right-side singers list. This would be a great add-on if we could have singers rotate to the bottom of the list "Without having to" assign a specific song first. Also to deactivate a singer if he/she has not songs submitted.

Having the rotation option helps to keep your singers in the "fair" rotation listing as some do not put in requests as quick as you would like to keep them in the rotation. I know about the "history" listing of singers, however if this was a new crowd?????

Any thoughts....or ideas would be great. Maybe a future build update for this option to somehow work. I know other Karaoke software has this feature and it works great.

Who can I pay to create this feature?

geposted Sat 07 Aug 21 @ 2:34 am
The karaoke singer history list used to work and now it does not. I have tried all of the above.. Has there been a recent change that stopped it? I still have the old history lists but it won't make new ones and it won't record record previous singers in the original spots.

geposted Mon 31 Oct 22 @ 6:03 am