Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: lost all settings from previous version

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello,

I am a licensed PRO-user for many years and I love using VD. Last Thursday, before a gig, I was asked to update VD. Previously I had no problems with the updates (probably luck or small updates). This time I found VD changed (login request before use, resetting all preferences, loss of all hotcue points, several songs not analysed, ...). You can imagine 'a nightmare before a gig'. At home I restarted VD and the login was asked again so all the settings had to be altered again...

So I have 2 major problems:
1. Why does VD when started does not remember me and keeps my settings ?
2. How can I recover all my pre-sets form previous version from my songs (HOT-CUES, analyses, ...)

Thank you for your help/suggestions.

Greets, Bart.

I have a gig next Saturday.

geposted Mon 25 Nov 19 @ 7:27 am
If you keep regular backups, all you have to do is to restore "database.xml" and "settings.xml" files to their original locations inside Documents\VirtualDJ folder.

As to why that happened, you'll have to give us more details. VirtualDJ does not delete settings.xml file (or resets settings) by it's own.

geposted Mon 25 Nov 19 @ 10:23 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you are on mac, perhaps you didn't allow VirtualDJ permission to access your documents folder?
Check in Preferences -> Security -> Privacy if that is the case.

geposted Mon 25 Nov 19 @ 11:34 am
I am having a similar problem.
My software completely restarts during my sets and when it restarts in the middle of my set, all of the playlist I have made, reset as well.

I have Mojave MacOS but had to recently wipe/reboot my entire computer after, accidentally updating to Catalina MacOS.

but now I have this current problem with the VDJ software.

geposted Mon 25 Nov 19 @ 4:05 pm
KooBreeZ wrote :
I am having a similar problem.
My software completely restarts during my sets and when it restarts in the middle of my set, all of the playlist I have made, reset as well.
I have Mojave MacOS but had to recently wipe/reboot my entire computer after, accidentally updating to Catalina MacOS.
but now I have this current problem with the VDJ software.

The possible answers is right above

geposted Mon 25 Nov 19 @ 4:32 pm
that would be the answer for the program, randomly restarting while being utilized? I've been using VDJ for years, I have never had this problem.

geposted Mon 25 Nov 19 @ 5:46 pm
Adion,

You are a life saver. Thanks for the solution (access to document folders in Preference-settings): all my hot cues and settings retrieved.

Have great day & thanks

To all,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Have a great day.

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 7:25 am
Adion wrote :
If you are on mac, perhaps you didn't allow VirtualDJ permission to access your documents folder?
Check in Preferences -> Security -> Privacy if that is the case.

I wonder how many times a question about permissions has been asked. Common sense says to inform the user when there is a problem. Which is about as simple as it gets.

geposted Wed 27 Nov 19 @ 6:25 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)