Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Routine version 4

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Just a taster of the padpage only version of routine. [mac friendly]
nothing extravagant, maybe how it would be used with house/tech type music
I've made some skin compromises with cue names on the scratch wave [got rid of them or they piled up] and changed how cues look on the song position [got rid of shadow, slimmed cues down to 3pxl, got rid of the mask, cut then to half height.]
[wanting something different but not sure how]

I've added in a "Step Recording" function, [when recording it pauses after calling the hot_cue, if you want to do things slowly]
Switched the instant playback and looping playback to be on by default [makes sense even if the variable doesn't]

Some decisions to be made with pad names [currently a load of var information]
but after a batch of testing, it might be ready.

geposted Thu 30 Jan 20 @ 3:04 pm
Good One LOCO !

geposted Sun 02 Feb 20 @ 1:03 am

Another simple routine, just sharing ideas how you can add a bit of bounce to your mix in or mix out.

geposted Sun 02 Feb 20 @ 3:45 am
looks very nice. i assume all that automation happens after hitting the pad.

geposted Sun 02 Feb 20 @ 12:37 pm
Indeed, calling playback is a single button. recording can be totally on the fly [press record, juggle cues, end record] or step by step [I'll make a quick vid on that]
and can be edited at any time.

geposted Sun 02 Feb 20 @ 1:12 pm

Step recording, for when you know what you want but your fingers aren't doing as they're told.

geposted Sun 02 Feb 20 @ 1:56 pm
After 10 more rewrites & stress testing with tracks @+100% to the point that I've seriously warped my taste in music.
It's done. Pad page only, just script. Cross platform. Probably my best [technically] vdj addon yet.

It took many "almost right" builds chasing one 100th of a beat that was missed, sometimes.... [sorry beta testers]
But this one is atomic clockwork, I've had it running hours @+100% pitch, trying to stress the system with zVideoControl running at seizure inducing speeds, and it hasn't slipped from sync, not one fraction of a beat.
I added in every bit of idiot proofing I could think of, tested every way you could do things, even strange ways of doing things.
Reverse compatible with the old version of routine.

The only things left with it are wishes for currently impossible things.

Because I can't make cue points invisible, I've had to sacrifice cue names on the scratch wave, you can have them if you want, but with complicated routines the names sort of pile up and get messy.
like wise song position, because cues have to visible, I had to make some changes, cues smaller, thinner, no shadow, and I shrunk the wave height by 3 or 4 pxl. [honestly even if I could have invisible cue points, I like how this songpos looks better than the default now]
The yellow box is just how long this test has been running [short test while I went for breakfast]. The green is the beatdiff, 0.500 being exactly sync'd [I had a script watching that number that stopped everything, if not equal 0.5]

what else is there,? oh cues, the other thing, if invisible cues is out the question, I'd like to to colour my jump cues to the display background colour [making them as good as invisible] sadly cue_color needs a number, I can't give one without MB's of script.

It's just gone up for review and I imagine the dev's might have to take some time testing this one.
If you don't want to wait, give me a post here or in PMs.

geposted Fri 06 Mar 20 @ 9:33 am
locodog wrote :

Another simple routine, just sharing ideas how you can add a bit of bounce to your mix in or mix out.

I'm already loving this one.

geposted Fri 06 Mar 20 @ 12:17 pm
Video tutorial

geposted Sat 07 Mar 20 @ 3:10 pm
Sounds more like Robodog :-)

geposted Sat 07 Mar 20 @ 3:13 pm
No that's my real voice, microsoft pay me a fortune XD..
I don't think broad yorkshire down a potato mic would carry well internationally.
"ayup utoob, we're lookin 't routine, aye lad"

geposted Sat 07 Mar 20 @ 3:20 pm
Oh aye, 'appen 'eck as like, tha knows :-)

Seemed to work OK for Emmerdale, Last Of The Summer Wine and no end of other shows...

geposted Sat 07 Mar 20 @ 3:31 pm
Short video for making intro loops of indeterminant length,
Useful if you want to skip the bit in rap tunes when the MC's are just talking

geposted Mon 09 Mar 20 @ 12:28 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)