Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Where to find auto or link function

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

djgerryPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi again,
I'm looking for the function as shown on this vdj/wiki picture.
Nowhere in my VDJ i can find this choice between auto or link.

I'm struggeling with videomixing. Situation briefly.
Using a controller and external mixer.
When playing video A i can not pre-listen video B. This is only possible when the controllers crossfader is in the middle.
But that gives an problem, 1 when cueing videotrack 2 you can see it already on the external screen and 2 You can hear me cueing the second videotrack because of the crossfader. Tried all settings, used controllers soundcard as well as multichannel external card but this problem stays, so maybe i need a new controller.

geposted Wed 18 Mar 20 @ 7:25 pm

Its under the context menu at #4 at picture above

- - - - - -
Video Crossfader
Manual - When checked will control the Video Crossfader independently of the Audio Crossfader.
Linked to Audio - When checked will control the Video Crossfader simultaneously with the Audio Crossfader.
Smart (auto) - When checked will move the Video Crossfader automatically to follow what the audience is hearing.

https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/mixer/video.html

djgerry wrote :
When playing video A i can not pre-listen video B. This is only possible when the controllers crossfader is in the middle.

At the same context menu you can also set dual source video mixing (that is automatically turned on if mixing a video file).
When this is on, you will have video previews on decks (for A & B) when you have video mixer open

geposted Wed 18 Mar 20 @ 7:52 pm
djgerryPRO InfinityMember since 2006
@Rune, Thanks so much.
But with the video i still can't prelisten audio of the second videotrack (i can prelistenvideo).
So while playing video A i can not hear the sound of video B. It's only possible when the crossfader is in the middle position.
But when the crossfade is in the middle the audience can hear me cue the second video and the videofile of the second deck is also visible on the external screen.
Maybe i need a new controller?

geposted Thu 19 Mar 20 @ 2:28 pm
djgerry wrote :
@Rune, Thanks so much.
i still can't prelisten audio of the second videotrack (i can prelistenvideo).
So while playing video A i can not hear the sound of video B. It's only possible when the crossfader is in the middle position.
Maybe i need a new controller?

In settings you can turn on AutoHeadphones .. .that will select the "working" deck automatically to headphone output. And using TAB key would toggle also what is working deck to select what to hear. Alternatively you can use the headphone buttons in skin or keyboard keys

But since you said "maybe I need a controller" ... What sound setup do you use now then?
To have headphone separate of master (speaker) sound , you need 2 sound outputs .. (either a sound card with such, or two sound cards, or a splitter).
See here : https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/settings/audiosetup/masterheadphones.html

geposted Thu 19 Mar 20 @ 2:34 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)