Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: skin for numark mixtrack platinum fx
I'm looking to see if one of your staff can creat a skin for the numark mixtrack platinum fx ..i an an infinety licence holer up to date to the 2020 to 2021 vdj but can't to seem to find a skin for it

geposted Sat 27 Jun 20 @ 3:48 am
You can use any skin. The skin does not have to look like the controller.

When using a controller, all the physical knobs and buttons do not need to be duplicated on screen - because you have the real ones in front of you.

The best skins to use are ones that only show information which the controller doesn't have/can't show. Artist and track info, waveforms, browser...

geposted Sat 27 Jun 20 @ 8:05 am
@DJ.Jerseycool I just picked up the mixtrack pro fx (basically same but i don't have the on wheel info). I am just about to start making the controller skin.. I already planned on adding the platinums info as its already part of virtual dj.. I will let you know when its done if you would. like.

geposted Tue 01 Dec 20 @ 5:28 pm
DVB_QcControlleristMember since 2018
@JP THE HATTAH. I've got the FX too. Did you finish the skin?

geposted Sat 23 Jan 21 @ 10:06 pm
#JPtheHattah, please lemme know too ;)
And if by some god-level "adjustments" guru level of awesomeness you figured out a way to remap the awful FaderCuts padpages hardcoded into this otherwise perfect controller.
Fanxalot man.

geposted Sat 17 Apr 21 @ 4:11 pm
Gr8WhtJaak wrote :
#JPtheHattah, please lemme know too ;)
And if by some god-level "adjustments" guru level of awesomeness you figured out a way to remap the awful FaderCuts padpages hardcoded into this otherwise perfect controller.
Fanxalot man.

I have remapped the fadercuts pad page to be beatjump. It is incredibly useful vs the fadercuts useless feature. I agree. There is t really any advanced method for doing this and normal remapping works just fine.
Do you need help doing this? I can help you.
I used to use two mixtrack platinum fx controllers with virtual dj to control 4 decks thus with 4 physical jogwheels.

I got a Denon x1850 mixer and two sc6000 units and still was using the mixtrack platinum controllers as well for extra buttons and the eq knobs to control stems. It ends up being a lot of hardware on the table to manage, but the utility of it all is incredible and gives you a lot of control.

I have since replaced the mixtrack platinum fx controllers with one midi fighter twister, but the device support for the midi fighter twister is abysmal in Virtual DJ. I created a custom device xml for it, but it is kludgy at best and there doesn't seem to be a way to get current values to reset the encoders if you reset the controlled value of what the encoder controls via another method. So the encoder always displays the last value set by the encoder itself regardless if you changed that value using a different control, button, with the mouse, or whatever.

geposted Tue 14 Dec 21 @ 11:38 am