Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Surface Pro X

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I’m currently running Virtual DJ 2021 along side with a kontrol z2 native instrument mixer, 2 numark TTX TTB’s, as well as Phase for DVS and a few other controllers such as the Akai LPD and midi fighter 3D .. all on a very old Lenovo P500 laptop. I’m looking to update laptops and wanted something with LTE connectivity everywhere I go due to the fact I’m trucking again, I was looking at the new Surface Pro X and was thinking of running it on that same set up, as well as a reloop beat pad, and a Akai AMX Mixer, A Midi Fighter 3D, MIDI Fighter Twister , and a Numark PT01 for DVS control.....

So my question is would the Surface Pro X Maxed out Specs 16GB Ram, 512GB SSD, Along with the New Qualcomm Microsoft® SQ1™ processor be good to power these rigs ?

geposted Sun 09 Aug 20 @ 2:24 pm
The Surface Pro X is an ARM device which has to convert all instructions coming from x86 / 32bit / 64bit applications to the RISC instruction set.
This can work more or less well depending on the application. For now i would definitely not advise you to perform at an event with this setup. Consider it experimental until Atomix puts something like a notice out there or until it's known that VDJ runs well on those devices.

geposted Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 5:11 pm
Ok thanks for the feed back

geposted Sun 20 Dec 20 @ 1:48 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
MacBook Air M1 2020 as well
ARM versions of VDJ is certainly something needed for the future

geposted Sun 20 Dec 20 @ 1:59 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
There's already an ARM version of VirtualDJ for mac.
For Windows on ARM it will depend on how it evolves, so far there don't seem to be many convincing products for it.

geposted Sun 20 Dec 20 @ 3:01 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)