Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Denon MC2000 Driver lentecy with VDJ - Page: 1

Dieser Teil des Themas ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a Denon MC2000 controller off eBay. I've read that the Denon ASIO driver has been blocked by VDJ and it will automatically use the WASAPI driver, my problem with this is the latency, 22ms, there is very noticeable lag when using the internal sound card of the controller. Is there any way to get this down? It's basically unusable how it is. I cant see any options to reduce the samples with this driver to bring the latency down.

Thanks for reading, it's much appreciated.

geposted Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 6:49 pm
The ASIO driver that's blocked by VDJ doesn't apply to all Denon products.

djdad wrote :
The driver that is blocked due to stability issues is the one named as "DENON DJ ASIO Driver" and affects the controllers HC4500, HC5000, HD2500, X-1600, MC3000, MC6000, S1200, S3700, SC2900, SC3900
For all the above controllers, even if its ASIO driver is installed, VirtualDJ will ignore it and use the WASAPI WIndows driver, which in our tests works just fine.

Every other Denon controllers which offers a (different) ASIO driver (including MC4000 and MCX8000) will work as it was already.

From the above post, the MC2000 ASIO driver is not blocked, so you should install it and use as normal.

geposted Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 6:57 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you dont use ASIO, you can still change latency from VDJ Settings, Options, latency setting

geposted Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 7:48 pm
Thanks guys.

I did have the Denon driver installed, but i just assumed it wasn't using it as no matter what i set the buffer size to it didn't make any difference with the lag i was getting between what was happening on my screen and controller to what i was hearing coming out the speakers connected to the MC2000. I've also tried adjusting the latency settings in the VDJ options, same result, no difference in lag/latency.

geposted Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 10:30 pm
hey wiggy, what's your laptop specs?
is it a Dell?

best of luck sorrtin it out.
Ray

geposted Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 10:36 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
In the option of vdj the latency is how much

Denon buffer

geposted Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 10:56 pm
What speakers are you using? Perhaps the lag is being introduced there.

Do you notice any lag when using headphones connected to the MC2000?

geposted Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 7:30 am
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003

geposted Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 8:49 am
@Ray It's a pretty old PC but should be able to run it lag free, its got a Q6600 G0 cpu, im ruining with a decent overclock of 3.4Ghz. I also have a Yamaha MODX8 synthesizer and im able to run some pretty heavy vst's lag free on the same system. Also, if i turn on the MODX8 and select that sound card/driver from VDJ there is no lag with the MC2000. I've also tried it on my laptop running an i5 4210m, same result, laggy when using the sound card/driver from the MC2000.

@LIMOL No matter where i set the audio buffer in the Denon driver options i still get the same amount of lag.

@groovindj I'm using Mackie MR524 studio monitors, lag is exactly the same through headphones connected to the MC2000. I've tried different USB cable and also different RCA cables, same result.

Im stumped :(

geposted Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 11:57 am
OK so what OS is running on this "pretty old PC"? Also exactly which Denon driver are you using?

geposted Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 12:09 pm
FYI, The Denon MC2000 is not using the blocked "DENON DJ ASIO Driver" but the one called "DENON DJ ASIO for DJ Controller" which can be downloaded and installed from Denon Legacy Downloads.

If you use the ASIO driver in your Audio setup then the latency needs to be adjusted from the ASIO control panel of the driver.
If you use the WASAPI Windows driver then the latency is adjusted from the latency setting within VirtualDJ.

In both cases, it is recommended to have the Denon sound card not set as the default playback device of your OS.

As for the latency, if setting that as above doesnt improve the overall latency, most likely either your computer is too slow or not well optimized.

geposted Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 12:18 pm
@groovindj Windows 10 64bit on both my desktop and laptop.

@djdad Yeah i've got the driver installed. I've tried adjusting the latency in the Denon ASIO control panel and it makes no difference, if i set it to 1ms or 42ms or anywhere in-between the lag stays the same. I've also tried adjusting it in the VDJ settings, no difference. It should run fine on my computer, i run much more cpu intense vst's with zero lag, i've also tried it on my i5 laptop and it's still the same.

I've just downloaded Serato to see if the problem is still there, it's not, it runs flawless with zero lag using Serato. I dont want to use Serato though, i want to use VDJ :(

geposted Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 6:52 pm
groovindj wrote :
exactly which Denon driver are you using?

wiggy2k7 wrote :
i've got the driver installed

WHICH driver? What's the version number? The name of the file you downloaded? Anything!

geposted Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 7:12 pm

geposted Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 7:51 pm
The one from under the MC2000 section, yes?

I'm just wondering, as you've said changing the buffer size doesn't make any difference - you are definitely using the ASIO driver in the VDJ audio config (not WASAPI)?

geposted Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 8:46 pm
Yes, the one from the MC2000 section. Definitely using the Denon MC2000 ASIO driver in the VDJ audio config

I have a newer laptop with a 6th gen i5 at my girlfriends, i'll bring that home and try it on that.

geposted Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 9:46 pm
Brought my laptop home today from my girlfriends. Same result, laggy. Its got a 6th gen i5 6300 processor so it's well capable of running it. There must be a compatibility issue with the Denon driver and VDJ software.

geposted Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 12:15 pm
djdad wrote :
the latency needs to be adjusted from the ASIO control panel of the driver

Is this where you're adjusting the latency? What's it set to now?

What audio config settings are you using in VDJ (from the options page, not the audio page)?

geposted Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 12:38 pm
With the Denon connected and VirtualDJ not running, open Windows Sounds, then select the computer's built-in sound card as default playback device instead of the Denon.
Does this help ?

geposted Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 12:41 pm

geposted Fri 14 Aug 20 @ 2:00 pm
91%