Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual DJ 2021 glitch
Just downloaded the latest version of VIRTUAL DJ which is 2021, and it has so many glitches. It's even funny, it can't be my laptop because it's running WINDOWS 10 which is also the latest when it comes to windows products. Please VIRTUAL DJ team fix these problems because I really want to take my DJ career to the next level.

geposted Sat 10 Oct 20 @ 10:29 pm
Melo the dj wrote :
it has so many glitches

Well that narrows it down! What are the glitches?

Melo the dj wrote :
it can't be my laptop

Yes it can. VDJ 2021 runs fine on all my PCs. No glitches here.

Melo the dj wrote :
fix these problems

Don't you think it would be advisable to say what the problems are?

geposted Sat 10 Oct 20 @ 11:34 pm
Melo the dj wrote :
Please VIRTUAL DJ team fix these problems because I really want to take my DJ career to the next level.

You need a Pro License for that ;)

geposted Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 1:26 pm
What is your computer specs?
Might not be fast enough, and you can always "disable" the stems feature if so.

Seeing you are from Zambia, also quite a few on the VirtualDJ Facebook group with very old computers from that area, and 2021 needs a bit of computer powers to operate fast.

In settings, try set precomputeStems to "only use precomputed", and everything will work as easy and fast on the computer as before.
(while you still can generate stems prior to mixing at right-click to "analyze stems" in the browser)

geposted Thu 15 Oct 20 @ 2:05 pm
mac book pro M1 running latest VDJ, Waveform, Videos & Shader stalling, after less than 2hrs VDJ crashes sometimes crash protection restarts, been going on since January 2021 and getting worse each update, now windows users are having the same problem, i have change GPU & latency and it is still happening.
Can anyone help, first proper gig this 23rd July and Serato does not play Karaoke. (just in case your thinking of putting that in the response).
HELP

geposted Mon 19 Jul 21 @ 1:29 pm
ckstewartuk wrote :
mac book pro M1 running latest VDJ, Waveform, Videos & Shader stalling, after less than 2hrs VDJ crashes sometimes crash protection restarts, been going on since January 2021 and getting worse each update, now windows users are having the same problem, i have change GPU & latency and it is still happening.
Can anyone help, first proper gig this 23rd July and Serato does not play Karaoke. (just in case your thinking of putting that in the response).
HELP

I only use 32 bit. I refuse to let 64 bit on on my 3 laptops, unstable, unreliable, glitchy. Use 32 bit for a safe and reliable experience.

geposted Mon 19 Jul 21 @ 3:10 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
burnyabad wrote :
I only use 32 bit. I refuse to let 64 bit on on my 3 laptops, unstable, unreliable, glitchy. Use 32 bit for a safe and reliable experience.

That won't help someone running on a Mac...

geposted Wed 21 Jul 21 @ 8:25 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
This is a real issue apparently affecting both OS now days
VDJ crashes, sometimes crash protection restarts, and often too fast missing database access
the same time skin engine slowed down dramatically

The only solution for a gig being to use an older more stable build
(support for M1 started with b6240 and b6242 fixed an issue with controllers)
https://virtualdj.com/download/build.html

geposted Wed 21 Jul 21 @ 9:18 am
I was djing to around 1000 people last night suddenly makes a high pitch noise and won’t play. Got another tonight so slightly freaked. Vidj. So solid usually. Is this the same glitch ?

geposted Fri 06 Aug 21 @ 1:32 pm
ViMarDJPRO InfinityMember since 2018
May i post my 5 cents here too,

Before purchasing VDJ Pro licence I used a pirated version. I got regularly, every couple of hours crashes on my laptop. After getting the licence I got since five years and a couple of hundred hours play time no crashes at all. The notebook is the same piece I started with, a great middle class piece,Core I5 with 6G RAM and still is rocking it.

My advice, if you're going to go "professional" and make some money with Djing, invest a bit in the People who make VDJ a good piece of Software.

Another question is, whether the cost of VDJ depends on the purchasing power of a country or whether it is independent of that factor. Then our Tanzanian coworker have to pay much more, than his European or US-american colleague.

geposted Fri 06 Aug 21 @ 8:12 pm
It is down to the exchange rate and vat rate for each country is different that's why you get people saying it is too much money but I say it is good value for what you get.

geposted Fri 06 Aug 21 @ 8:46 pm
ViMarDJ wrote :
May i post my 5 cents here too,

Before purchasing VDJ Pro licence I used a pirated version. I got regularly, every couple of hours crashes on my laptop. After getting the licence I got since five years and a couple of hundred hours play time no crashes at all. The notebook is the same piece I started with, a great middle class piece,Core I5 with 6G RAM and still is rocking it.

My advice, if you're going to go "professional" and make some money with Djing, invest a bit in the People who make VDJ a good piece of Software.

Another question is, whether the cost of VDJ depends on the purchasing power of a country or whether it is independent of that factor. Then our Tanzanian coworker have to pay much more, than his European or US-american colleague.

I've had a license for some years now. I still get glitches. I haven't said anything because I've seen some of the type of subtle rude answers others have gotten when they posted their problems, and it seems the blame for the problem is always somehow put on the person who posts for help. Then, eventually other people start coming in and admitting to have the same or other problems later in the threads and the blaming and rudeness seems to subside, However, I have gotten to a point where I must log in and say something about my issue after spending four hours recording a gig yesterday only to discover the first 25 minutes of the recording came out well.

I am sick and tired of one channel sometimes randomly coming out lower and with less bass and clarity than the other whenever I record my mixes, and me having to hope each time I record that it is coming out correctly. I remember this first happened consistently back when Virtual DJ first rolled out the upgraded software for the new MAC OS until I finally updated my system to test and see if that was the issue. What encouraged me to upgrade my MAC OS at that point was when I receive news that Virtual DJ has updated their software for the new MAC OS explaining that things would work best once you've updated to the newest MAC OS version. I figured that this probably meant that upgrading my MAC OS would also fix the poor quality recordings I kept getting on one channel making every other song come out lower and with much less bass than the other. However, I was upset that I had to deal with losing so many recordings only to finally be told many weeks later that Virtual DJ changed something and certain things would only work best on a latest version of MAC OS.

Things were good for a while.

Flash forward to yesterday, and I noticed that after about thirty minutes WHILE I WAS PLAYING LIVE at a gig one channel "decided to" suddenly do that thing again where one side came out lower than the other, and this time it wasn't only the recording that was screwed up, but also was clearly evident on the audio coming out in the place I was DJing! Something even weirder happened once where I changed a knob setting on my controller and it showed the action of the change in the Virtual DJ application - but IT DID NOT actually change the setting and displayed both the change I made to the bass and what it was previously set at before I adjusted it at the same time! I was wondering why it sounded funny, and realized I had to turn the bass back down a lot and then turn it back up to make the change occur Virtual DJ! This is the first time the software had ignored a knob adjustment I made! That happened on the channel opposite to the channel where every song would come out lower and with less bass than the other.

Therefore, I have lost the ENTIRE recording I did yesterday because I do care very much about quality and I won't accept a recording where every other song is much inferior to the other. What sucks is that yesterday I intentionally played a different type of set to avoid too many sets with the same songs, and that would have been recording #225... It is all lost now, just like many of the things I did back when Virtual DJ was glitching for several weeks after the software was changed to work best on a later MAC OS version. Nothing at all was changed in my laptop for several months, and I definitely did not change settings in my laptop while I was at a live gig, so for this to randomly start happening as I am playing is odd to me. Also, as I mentioned earlier, I am a pro member and not on any crack.

I have also noticed there hasn't been a Virtual DJ update for a while when it seemed like not too long ago I was very frequently being asked if I would like to upgrade to a newer version with option to click yes or no. Sometimes shutting down Virtual DJ and restarting it can fix the audio problem, but if I am at a live gig I, of course, usually would not know what is happening to the recording until I have time to play it back, unless I hear it happening out on the actual speakers as well like it did yesterday.

Well, I surely hope this problem that randomly started in late October of last year and went away for a while with the newest MAC OS upgrade will eventually stop being a threat for every gig I play at because I am not sure I want to go back to Serato. There was a reason I chose Virtual DJ back in 2015 when friends introduced me to Serato first. I am sure Serato has made changes and updated since then, and the playlists problem with broken links or having to delete and reload playlists in Serato every time you add or remove things in the original folder is probably resolved by now, but I am more accustomed to Virtual DJ and the fact that I never had that type of issue from the beginning.

Lastly, I am on a 2021 MacBook Air, so my computer is pretty new. I am hoping that if I figure out how to eliminate the recording (and now actual audio play) quality issue that randomly manifests itself unexpectedly, nothing will happen at the end of this October to screw things up again. I don't know what to do about preventing what happened yesterday from reoccurring, but maybe I should decline Virtual DJ upgrades in October and beyond until I am sure that I'm ready to upgrade my MAC OS to prevent what happened last October - December where it was a gamble how the audio would come out until I finally upgraded my MAC OS.

geposted Sat 08 Jul 23 @ 8:20 pm
So, I have found that there are quite a few YouTube channels discussing the audio problem I have been having with Virtual DJ, so now I know for sure the blame cannot be me or my computer!

This is just the first video I have come across, where the person making the video had the same problem I am having (but apparently for a reason different from mine): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzFyCYIEIVc

Therefore, this is a real issue that is obviously affecting more than just one or two or a few people. I have always thought that once certain issues reach YouTube and google searches, the company with the product with the issues should know about it and have done something to prevent it from continuing to occur. I am glad to see that this person and many commenters on YouTube have a similar issue and it isn't just me. However, that guy claims to be using a complex controller and indicates that he only started having this issue while using the complex controller and eventually discovered how to fix it. I am not using any complex controller. I am using a simple controller that I have been using since 2015.. DDJ SB2 and DDJ SB3 Pioneer. That's all. Therefore, even if that YouTube channel clearly displays and discusses the exact same issue I have, the solutions are not possible for me to use since my issue is not the same.

I hope someone will take a look into this now that I have a link to perfectly show what is happening and either create a fix or provide more solutions than what people on YouTube have been able to discover after months of trial and error and frustration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzFyCYIEIVc

geposted Sat 08 Jul 23 @ 8:45 pm
After troubleshooting I was at least able to find out that the problem I had yesterday is different from what happened after the Virtual DJ updates for users of the latest version of MAC OS. I *think* I was able to resolve the issue, and I noticed that last night's issue "might" have actually been with the controller this time. That would also explain why the audio coming out over the speakers was also affected and not just the recordings this time, and it also reflected in the channel level bars that one channel was much lower than the other. However, I don't understand how disconnecting the cable connected to the laptop from the controller and then reconnecting it fixed the issue (this time) when I (of course) also disconnected it after last night's gig before reconnecting it today to test it, only to receive the same issue at first. When I first connected to Virtual DJ today to troubleshoot, the app would not respond to commands until I closed and reopened the app! Then, it was only after that I realized I still had one channel much lower than the other, and disconnecting the cable then reconnecting it somehow fixed it (this time). I am still puzzled on how it randomly got like that yesterday during my gig in the first place. At least I know the audio channel levels are fine now, even if I don't know what caused the random problem in the first place.

The recordings, however, will continue to be like Russian roulette every time I hit record and start playing - I will only know they came out good once I play them back since that particular issue is not visible in level display meter or audible through the outside audio. But, I assume that if that particular recording issue with the levels seems to have been fixed for me when I updated to latest version of MAC OS in December, then I should assume my recordings will be just as good as they have been prior to whatever new issue occurred last night... at least until this October...

Anyway, I'm done. I will just leave it at that.

geposted Sat 08 Jul 23 @ 10:09 pm
DjKDM7000 wrote :

This is just the first video I have come across, where the person making the video had the same problem I am having (but apparently for a reason different from mine): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzFyCYIEIVc

I made that video, and it doesn't describe a VDJ bug or other issue

It's simply lettering people know, that in the cases where the recording is handled by the firmware of a controller (so when it's not VDJ handling it internally), the choices made by the hardware manufacturer are not always the best ones. But luckily there are often ways to change the firmware setting (like shown in the video)
When given the choice I always let VDJ handle the recording and recording volume, because it never fails me.
So in the case with the Denon MC7000, I remove the recording loopback line in the audio config if I don't need the mic input recorded (like also explained in the video at around 5:30), so that the recording is done inside VDJ.
Then the Denon firmware settings can't mess with it, because the recording is done before the audio leaves VDJ

geposted Sun 09 Jul 23 @ 8:00 am
Ive said multiple times that my sync just stops working after a week when doing a fresh install. Ive done everything possible to fix this issue but it happens on all 3 of my controllers. Press sync, nothing... move jog wheels within milimeters of bar alignment press sync, it snaps correctly. I have improved my beat mix game through the years with this bug going on 4 years. I scan my libraries always. Anyways, still wouldnt go to another software ever but vdj. This issue has also stopped me from going to 64 bit.

geposted Sat 15 Jul 23 @ 3:05 pm
burnyabad wrote :
Ive said multiple times that my sync just stops working after a week when doing a fresh install. Ive done everything possible to fix this issue but it happens on all 3 of my controllers. Press sync, nothing... move jog wheels within milimeters of bar alignment press sync, it snaps correctly. I have improved my beat mix game through the years with this bug going on 4 years. I scan my libraries always. Anyways, still wouldnt go to another software ever but vdj. This issue has also stopped me from going to 64 bit.

Why do you comment on a 3 years old post/version on an issue from back then?
If you have a current problem with the current build, you should probably create a new post

geposted Sat 15 Jul 23 @ 5:12 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
burnyabad wrote :

Why do you comment on a 3 years old post/version on an issue from back then?
If you have a current problem with the current build, you should probably create a new post

It was listed as current in my browser. Take your anger somewhere else.

geposted Mon 17 Jul 23 @ 2:30 am