Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Beatport

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
After numerous emails to beatport about loading issues, they have concluded it is a VDJ issue failing to load tracks.
It is so bad I can't rely on using it at all.
After talking with numerous other DJs who stream and use VDJ they all see the same issue with Beatport.

The recent email I received is below.
Hi,

I recommend reaching out to VirtualDJ, as this seems to have been an issue with previous integrations such as Deezer. I found a couple threads about this issue, but it would be worth reaching out to VDJ directly:
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/226214/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/Deezer_error___Unknown_file_type_.html
https://www.virtualdj.com/forums/235920/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/Beatport_link_-_unknown_file_type_.html

Please let us know if they require any info from us!

Best,
Chris
So unless VDJ are going to test this and recognise the fault, in the days of streaming you are going to lose a lot of customers.

geposted Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 12:14 am
I desperately want to move from Rekordbox DJ, as their new subscription only pricing is a joke - especially with zero innovation in their software. However, it does run Beatport LINK flawlessly.

Every time I've tried it on VDJ, multiple devices - Beatport LINK just doesn't work. Key detection on batch analysed tracks is wrong (even the wrong root key), and the amount of times I get some kind of network error or timeout makes it unusable. (I have gigabit fibre, so it's not my internet connection).

This issue seems to have been reported MULTIPLE times for many months now - and I'm not sorry to say that the "solution" of removing the tracks from the database, closing VDJ and emptying the Beatport cache folder.... is a horrible solution (that doesn't always work anyway). I'll just tell my crowd "hang on while I shut down my DJ software so I can download the next track..." said no professional DJ ever.

Serato and Rekordbox can use Beatport LINK without issues, so I don't see how this is an error with Beatport - it is a VDJ issue, and until it's fixed, VDJ is absolutely useless to me. I won't buy it until it's fixed.

geposted Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 12:52 am
Deleting the cache folder is hit and miss even when doing that tracks still fail to load, it is either I give up with Beatport or VDJ. Looking at other threads on this issue it just appears VDJ are ignoring the issue.

geposted Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 12:56 am
It's issues that go unaddressed like this that lead pro's to say that VDJ isn't ready for prime time. If they want to change the perception of a DJ walking into a club, and being laughed out the door when they whip out their VDJ - they need to at least start acknowledging the issues, not just passing the buck with a crap workaround solution (that doesn't work).

geposted Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 1:22 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

geposted Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 7:05 am
i nver got notification of reply but thanks will be sure to try that tonight

geposted Tue 27 Oct 20 @ 4:23 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)