Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Audio dropouts during stem generation

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello!

First off my set up is below:
Macbook Pro 13"
OSX 10.15.7
2.3 GHz Quad Core (i7)
16 GB RAM
512 GB SSD
Intel Iris Plus Graphics

MWM Phase (receiver is connected directly to the Macbook via USB)
Pioneer DDJ-XP2
Numark Scratch
2 x Technics 1200
* All DJ Hardware is running the latest firmware *

When loading a track onto a deck, with the turntable platter spinning, I get audio dropouts/"crackling" while the stem generation is occurring. If the turntable platter isn't spinning, I don't get any audio dropouts during stem generation. I've tried using all of the options available in the math engine (CPU, GPU, Automatic). When switching to GPU, the frame rate was very low (maybe 1-2 frames/sec...I didn't measure) while stem generation is occurring. I've also tried adjusting the math engine priority and setting it to idle seems to help a tiny bit, but I'm still getting dropouts.

I'm assuming my graphics are the weak link here. Is there anything else I should be tweaking or adjusting to improve performance? I'm aware that I can precompute the stems or turn the feature off, but I just want to make sure I've exhausted all options before doing so. Please let me know if you need any more info. Any insight would be super helpful! Thanks!

EDIT: I've also tried experimentalUseMetal but the dropouts still occur.

geposted Tue 08 Dec 20 @ 7:57 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can try the mathenginePriority setting with mathEngine set to CPU

geposted Tue 08 Dec 20 @ 8:28 pm
Adion wrote :
You can try the mathenginePriority setting with mathEngine set to CPU

Thanks for your reply! Sorry, I should have mentioned that I did try that. I've tried every combination of mathEnginePriority + mathEngine and I'm getting the best results with mathEnginePriority=Idle and mathEngine=CPU. That said, I'm still getting audio dropouts with that configuration. Thanks again.

geposted Tue 08 Dec 20 @ 9:11 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Do you also get dropouts if you don't use Phase?

geposted Wed 09 Dec 20 @ 5:38 am
I get the same and have done everything the OP has done as well. I'm using a different laptop though:

- Octa-core 10th Gen Intel i9 with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GPU
- 32GB of memory
- Wind 10
- All drivers completely updated to the latest and greatest

I get crackles and pops on both regular needles and with Phase, on Reloop 8000 turntables. Doesnt matter if I use Serato CV or VDJ CV.

geposted Wed 09 Dec 20 @ 1:20 pm
Adion wrote :
Do you also get dropouts if you don't use Phase?

I haven't tried without Phase. I'll try and do that at some point today. A few weeks ago I was using my DDJ-SX2 controller and I don't recall having any audio dropouts. I'll give the SX2 a try today as well. Thanks!

geposted Wed 09 Dec 20 @ 4:40 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)