Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Finish loop before going to the next

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

EKTracksControlleristMember since 2017
I have been looking for a simple feature (I think) but could not find a solution in the manual or on VDJ forums. My question: is it possible to define multiple loops on one deck (e.g. using "saved loops") and to jump between them by choosing a next loop without interrupting the playing loop i.e. finish the playing loop and only then VJ will go to the next? I am asking because when I currently trigger the next loop, it is difficult to do this exactly on the beat... If this is a beginners question I apologize upfront but but would still be grateful for a quick pointer to the right section in the user manual....

geposted Tue 29 Dec 20 @ 10:44 am
there is a pad page for saved loops. The manual is your friend.
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/decks/decksadvanced/pads/index.html

the switching without skipping parts depends on your quantize settings. if its 4 you get 4 beats then switch etc
i don't think that's what you want but its all i know of.

quantizeLoop
Automatically adjust the loop position to the quantized position

globalQuantize
Select 1 to make quantized functions jump to beat boundaries, 4 to jump to measures boundaries, or 0.25 to jump on quarters boundaries.

geposted Tue 29 Dec 20 @ 1:12 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
action poi could do it with goto commands or hotcue calls, the routine padpage could do it with a bit more flexibility if you have several desired sequences all in one track.

geposted Tue 29 Dec 20 @ 1:32 pm
EKTracksControlleristMember since 2017
Thanks all for your help. In the meantime I also found this advise on an old question from Synthet1c:

just activate smart_cue, there is a lock on the default skin near to the cues... or you can of coarse map something like this to a button or your keyboard or the ONINIT of your controller or skin.

deck 1 smart_cue 1 & deck 2 smart_cue 1 & get decks 4 ? deck 3 smart_cue 1 & deck 4 smart_cue 1 & : nothing

bare in mind that if you activate smart cue you won't be able to rapidly hit the hot cues.

This is good enough, loops won't play until the end but the transfer is smooth (smart). I assume this is how DJs do it ;-)

geposted Tue 29 Dec 20 @ 4:10 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
"deck all smart_cue 1" does not work ?

geposted Tue 29 Dec 20 @ 4:18 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
that's the easiest way without preparation.

geposted Tue 29 Dec 20 @ 4:19 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)