Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: MacBook Pro M1 chip
I’m looking to upgrade me computer to the new MacBook Pro M1 chip but before I go out and upgrade my system I would like to know if these new virtual Dj version is going to work with the M1 chip or if anyone has had issues since there is software out there that are not compatible with the new MacBook Pro M1 chip.
Thank you, Thomas

geposted Sun 10 Jan 21 @ 9:44 pm
Posted to Facebook on the 29th December....

I've been running on a MacBook Pro M1 pretty much since release with no issues from a VDJ point of view.

The issues arise is that many controller manufacturers have not released drivers for macOS Big Sur. So be sure to check this before updating/upgrading.

geposted Sun 10 Jan 21 @ 10:15 pm
I am currently using American Audio mixer will need to research it to see if they have any drivers update.

geposted Sun 10 Jan 21 @ 10:25 pm
I have bought a New Laptop from Apple with the M! chip. I'm having and Issue with the Lag of the waveforms after 5 mins. I am wondering if the Upgrade will solve this Problem?

geposted Wed 05 May 21 @ 10:40 pm
I am working with a controller DDJ1000 and m1 chip and after a few hours the music stops and i have to restart the computer. How to solve this issue

geposted Mon 10 May 21 @ 2:39 pm
where can I the update for the M1 Chip for my Mac.

geposted Mon 17 May 21 @ 11:41 am
massonic youth wrote :
where can I the update for the M1 Chip for my Mac.

VirtualDJ? Just download and run the installer https://www.virtualdj.com/download/
for latest and greatest ;-)

geposted Mon 17 May 21 @ 11:58 am
Hi dear Friends and Collegues. I'm a DJ and mostly a VJ. I usually play HD Videos for mixing and play karaokes. Someone in this forum has experience doing that with a MacBook with M1 Chip? I mean, the Macbook Pro and MacBook Air? How is the perform? Which one performs better? Thank you in advance for your kind repost.

geposted Wed 25 Aug 21 @ 2:46 pm
It has good performance but I am having a problem with my Macbook pro M1 pro 2021 1tb 16 ram Monterey sometimes the audio goes away, sometimes it closes virtual and reopens I have not been able to fix it Contact support and we have already done many tests and it does not work. Please help

geposted Thu 16 Jun 22 @ 9:25 am
Estoy apunto de comprar la macbook air m1 pero viendo sus comentarios creo mejor optar por windows o alguien me puede decir si se actualizo o actualizará para no tener problemas

geposted Mon 12 Sep 22 @ 1:31 am
I bought my 14" M1 MacBook Pro in July 2022. I have had absolutely no problems with it running VirtualDJ 2021. Luckily I use Denon Controllers which are Class Compliant (don't need drivers). I have DJed 3 Weddings and a Golden Wedding Anniversary without any problems. I use the MBP at home all day, often with several programs running together as smooth as silk.

Golden Wedding Anniversary;

Systems Specs;
Main System - MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021), Apple Silicon M1 Pro, 16gb, 500 gb SSD, macOS Monterey 12.5.1, External WD Passport Ultra 2Tb HD formatted exFat containing Music & Video databases. VirtualDJ 2021 8.5-arm b7131.

Controllers - Denon MC7000, Denon MC6000 Mk2.

geposted Mon 12 Sep 22 @ 7:08 am
0rafa0PRO InfinityMember since 2012
hi to all my friends. i have a macbook pro 14' 2021 m1 chip and i want to ask you.. what about with ram? the ram is going at 500mb free after 4-5 hours of playing music.. everything works fine but why is the ram drop so much? 300mb 200mb..sometimes and 64 mb and stays there for hours with no issues. i have a program that shows the free ram thats why i know how much free ram i have.

geposted Tue 08 Nov 22 @ 10:28 am
user19343096 wrote :
I am working with a controller DDJ1000 and m1 chip and after a few hours the music stops and i have to restart the computer. How to solve this issue

just turn off wifi this works for me.

geposted Thu 16 Nov 23 @ 12:09 am