Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: THE MAX CONFIGURATION OF THE APPLE MAC PRO

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello, for Mac fanatics. amazing, it is worth taking from a house

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2019/12/10/21003636/apple-mac-pro-price-most-expensive-processor-ram-gpu

Apple’s new Mac Pro is available to order today: it starts at $5,999, but if you want the most powerful Mac money can buy, it’ll cost you $53,799, making it the single most expensive Mac ever made. That eye-watering price tag comes with some seriously impressive specs to match, though. Let’s break it all down:

Base price: $5,999, the entry-level price of a Mac Pro before you start configuring a unit with custom specs. (For reference, the $5,999 Mac Pro comes with 32GB of RAM, an octa-core Intel Xeon CPU, Radeon Pro 580X graphics, and a 256GB SSD.)
Processor: a 28-Core, 2.5GHz Intel Xeon W with 28 cores, 56 threads, and Turbo Boost up to 4.4GHz (a $7,000 add-on)
RAM: 1.5TB of 2933MHz RAM, broken down into 12 128GB user-replaceable slot (a $25,000 add-on)
SSDs: 8TB of SSD storage, split across two 4TB SSDs (a $2,600 add-on. Apple had originally only offered a 4TB SSD option for $1,400.)
GPU: two AMD Radeon Pro Vega II Duo graphics card modules, each with two GPUs inside for a total of four graphics cards, each with 32GB of dedicated RAM per GPU (a $10,800 add on)
Afterburner accelerator card: $2,000
Wheels for the Mac Pro: $400
Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse (included at no extra cost in an exclusive silver / black color scheme that’s unique to buyers of the Mac Pro)
Magic Trackpad: it’s sold separately, but it’s also in silver / black color scheme (for an extra $50)
Add that all up, and you get $53,799.

geposted Wed 10 Feb 21 @ 9:27 am
Shame the Mac operating system is just so horrible!

geposted Wed 10 Feb 21 @ 10:29 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
kradcliffe wrote :
Shame the Mac operating system is just so horrible!

You would have considered it otherwise? :D
I don't think Mac Pro's were typically very good value if just looking at the specs.

Edit: Also just saw that it's actually not about a 'new' mac pro, the article is more than a year old...
I'm more excited to see if there will be an Apple CPU for the actual next generation mac pro's. That might actually change the conclusion from a price/spec perspective.

geposted Wed 10 Feb 21 @ 10:40 am
Definitely.

The hardware is good but I just find MacOS "clunky"

I have the 16" i9 with 32gb RAM. It processes my music video editing faster on Bootcamped Windows 10 than it does on it's own OS.

But of course the M1 completely changes that.

I guess I'm just too stuck in my ways. I always feel that the software I use works far better in Windows rather than MacOS .... and that includes VDJ.

geposted Wed 10 Feb 21 @ 11:01 am
I have to admit when I transitioned from Windows to Mac about 14 years I hated it. But there were things I needed for work, that at the time were only available on Mac, so I had no real choice - I had to learn.

Now I find Windows a step back when I use it at work (different job now). I do still have a Windows machine personally as well but rarely use it.

It's personal taste as always.

I now have a M1 MacBook Pro (probably could have saved a few £££ and gone with air) - but I'm one of the few people that actually find the Touch Bar useful in certain applications. I 100% wouldn't change it. Be interesting to see where apple take there own chips in the coming years.

geposted Wed 10 Feb 21 @ 11:38 pm
I guess the biggest question Can it handle stems !

geposted Thu 11 Feb 21 @ 3:15 am
With ease.

geposted Thu 11 Feb 21 @ 6:25 pm
Yes, definitely down to personal taste.

I guess with the new chips not supporting Bootcamp it will force the issue. No half way house any more.

It's hard to ignore the benefits of the ARM SOC, even for an ardent wintel user like me.

geposted Thu 11 Feb 21 @ 6:33 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)