Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: One channel has bass EQ off - Page: 1
funcakesControlleristMember since 2013
Maybe I'm being an idiot, but I can't work out why only channel 2 sounds like it has the bass cut, I looked everywhere I could find hoping to find bass obviously at zero somewhere for the channel EQ but nothing so I'm still having to resort to using channel 3 or 4 in 4 deck mode instead. Works fine, but I just wish I could use channel 2 default. Is there a master mixer somewhere I'm missing? Stupid question maybe? Where on earth am I going wrong?

geposted Mon 15 Mar 21 @ 3:18 pm
Not sure, sounds strange..

Is it same if you restart the software?
(aka its not stems on the performance pad where you "turned off" base.. for example)

geposted Mon 15 Mar 21 @ 3:23 pm
Update: mixing slightly now channel 4 is weak with zero bass like channel 2, I mean I CAN mix channel 1 and 3 if a little awkward, like I have to drag the tunes in rather than double clicking which is manageable if a little annoying, but I STILL have NO idea where to look for such config???

geposted Mon 15 Mar 21 @ 4:05 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Is it same if you restart the software?

Yeah restarted the software and the computer, no luck :(

geposted Mon 15 Mar 21 @ 4:07 pm
What controller is it?
Maybe you set the sound setting wrong...
But would still be strange if its just bass

geposted Mon 15 Mar 21 @ 4:10 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
What controller is it?
Maybe you set the sound setting wrong....

Numark N4, but I haven't changed anything, this is a new problem??

geposted Mon 15 Mar 21 @ 4:22 pm
No problems here ;-)
And likely is something with the hardware or its settings...

To rule out it any weird setting you applied by accident in VirutalDJ, you can try this:
- rename settings.xml in /documents/virtualdj/
- start VirutalDJ.

But my guess would be that the cause is external. Check speaker cables, check sound settings, knobs and slider etc

geposted Mon 15 Mar 21 @ 6:56 pm
Do you have the filter enabled?

geposted Mon 15 Mar 21 @ 7:31 pm
Djme211ControlleristMember since 2017
I have the same issue, had a gig tonight on my Roland DJ - 202 and one channel has no bass sounds tinny, checked cables,filters,audio settings nothing

geposted Fri 16 Jul 21 @ 4:19 pm
Double check your audio setup.

geposted Fri 16 Jul 21 @ 4:23 pm
Also check your controller if you use stems make sure you havn't knocked a button or knob we have all done it as it is a school boy error I have done it with a 2,500 crowed.

geposted Fri 16 Jul 21 @ 5:03 pm
Mine is the same with a pioneer ddj 400 sound goes low and no bass only one 1 channel if you restart the app it's fine then after a few tunes it happens again it's always the channel you start mixing on it happens too any ideas

geposted Sat 11 Jun 22 @ 7:37 pm
djkruzHome userMember since 2006
Any solution to this problem. Facing the same issue

geposted Sat 30 Jul 22 @ 10:16 am
djkruz wrote :
Facing the same issue

Nobody will be able to help unless you provide more information.

geposted Sat 30 Jul 22 @ 2:32 pm
I have the same issue with a DDJ 1000SRT. The problem doesn’t happen in serato, only virtual DJ. I switch to just channel one and three and thought that would work, but then channel three is missing the highs.
I reset and it worked for a few and then started the issue again.
Anyone have a solution?

geposted Tue 04 Apr 23 @ 7:09 pm
How is it there hasn't been a solution to this issue. I'm mean this is becoming ridiculous 🤬🤬

geposted Sun 14 May 23 @ 6:49 pm
Lately, my bass sounds like it has dropped out as well. I use a DDJ-SZ.

geposted Sat 17 Jun 23 @ 1:39 am
djprimo4real wrote :
How is it there hasn't been a solution to this issue. I'm mean this is becoming ridiculous 🤬🤬

Because it's not a general issue, so there is nothing general to fix in the software

So it's all about helping the people who have issues with fixing their specific laptop/setup - and specific issues, because they are not the same if you read though the thread

geposted Sat 17 Jun 23 @ 1:55 am
DJ crsBPRO SubscriberMember since 2011
Hey guys so IV just added myself to the list, it's a new issue for me too, amongst others 😔
So IV just done a fresh install to get back working again and the first night after resetting to the way I play, just about to record my new set and.....
You guessed it not a full bass, I mean if I turn it to max I get a bit but nothing compared to all the other 3
I'm on ns7ii, everything is up-to-date, I was playing to my headphones when it happened
I'm using vdj2021 what's other djs out there using, is mine the same as everyone else?
Come on vdj support, this list is growing and it's not generic as controllers, it's software!

geposted Thu 07 Sep 23 @ 11:02 pm
DJ crsBPRO SubscriberMember since 2011
Hey guys, so I had no luck on the first night in restoring bass eq on the first night it happend, was trying everything, yet still even on the next day! Yet on the 3rd evening I fired up and everything was ok and is still ok after a couple more sessions spinning some tunes 🙏
Haven't a clue why, or what, just happy it's back ✌️
Hope you get something sorted for those of you who still have fault

geposted Sun 10 Sep 23 @ 6:17 pm
91%