Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Copyright music question

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I am a PA announcer for high school sports as well as a couple of local semi pro teams. The high school because of Covid broadcast on YouTube and my announcing/music that goes with the sporting events was flagged. If I’m using my virtual DJ on a paid subscription does that give me the licensing to have it on YouTube or another social media platform without getting in trouble?

geposted Thu 25 Mar 21 @ 12:23 pm
No..

The music license is entirely between the hosting platform (Youtube etc.. ) and what deal they have with labels, artists and individual songs.. Most songs should be ok at Youtube, but always a risk they might mute parts or put an ad to pay for the royalties

https://www.safemusiclist.com/can-use-copyrighted-music-youtube/

geposted Thu 25 Mar 21 @ 12:28 pm
I appreciate the input we went through the entire game without an issue and as soon as it was over with they got blocked so people were not able to replay it and the copyright free music just doesn’t have the same vibe so I was hoping there was a better way to be able to play the regular music with some type of license

geposted Thu 25 Mar 21 @ 1:01 pm
sounds like a question for YouTube support

but really probably best to stick with the copyright free music if you want to be sure of no blocking.

geposted Thu 25 Mar 21 @ 2:14 pm
The Voice23 wrote :
got blocked so people were not able to replay it

Completely? Its rare that youtube block, usually they just turn off monetization (for you), and slap on some ads to pay for the royalties. Or in worst cases, mute parts of the songs (in some countries)
But yes, can also happen they remove the video entirely (although rarely experienced that)

If so you can check what song it was, in Youtube "Studio", and not play that song next time then

geposted Thu 25 Mar 21 @ 3:07 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)