Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Numark Mixdeck Express
I upgraded laptops last week. Downloaded VDj 2021 and everything worked good until I went to hook controller to laptop. Computer shows it is hooked up via USB but Vdj doesn't recognize it is. Old computer works no problem. Any ideas

geposted Sun 11 Apr 21 @ 1:40 pm
Should be pretty much plug & play...
Does it show up in VirtualDJ sound settings, see a Mixdeck button there?
And in mapper section in settings?

Its an old controller, so if the new laptop has usb3 and usb2, worth trying the usb2 port in case of incompatibilities (but not very common...)

geposted Sun 11 Apr 21 @ 2:02 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Should be pretty much plug & play...
Does it show up in VirtualDJ sound settings, see a Mixdeck button there?
And in mapper section in settings?

No Mixdeck button

Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :

Its an old controller, so if the new laptop has usb3 and usb2, worth trying the usb2 port in case of incompatibilities (but not very common...)

Won't work on any of the three usb ports I have 2.0 or 3.0

geposted Sun 11 Apr 21 @ 10:38 pm
Did you remember to set to "PC mode" ?

Press the SOURCE button until it is set MIDI PC.
Push the "Push To Enter" knob.

geposted Sun 11 Apr 21 @ 11:00 pm
Yea I have done all of that. When I hook up USB Cord my computer recognizes that the mixdeck express is attached but Virtual DJ doesn't

geposted Sun 11 Apr 21 @ 11:28 pm

geposted Sun 11 Apr 21 @ 11:30 pm
I appreciate all the advise. Everything seems to be good but the detection window doesn't come up saying I have new hardware found in VDJ. on my older computer with same version of VDJ Everything works like it should. Only thing I am doing different is plugging USB into newer computer. Is shows the Mixdeck Express in my devise manager (Win 10)

geposted Sun 11 Apr 21 @ 11:36 pm
Strange indeed, since its nothing special required (other than setting the controller in "PC Mode")

Can always try to manually select the "Mixtrack Express" in the mapper section in VirutalDJ.
As well as manually select it as sound card..

But sounds almost like the hardware is "blocked" somehow. And thats more typical for macs, not Windows

geposted Sun 11 Apr 21 @ 11:40 pm
I trying to figure out why my Numark Mixdeck Express controllers don't work in Virtual DJ 2021. The start and stop of the song works fine. But not good for djing unless in automix. Do I need another version of Virtual DJ?

geposted Mon 11 Sep 23 @ 2:14 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Everything from the Decks section works ? https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/numark/mixdeckexpress/decks.html

The Mixer section is actually a Hardware mixer, not controlling the internal mixer of VirtualDJ (and vice versa), so you will not get its faders moving on screen... https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/numark/mixdeckexpress/mixer.html (see Tip/Note box at the bottom)

Make sure that both left and right channels on the mixer section of the MixDeck Express are set to PC and you have toggled each CD player to MIDI mode via the SOURCE button.

The VirtualDJ Audio setup should be in External mixer format (deck 1 to chans 1,2, deck 2 to chans 3,4 and NOT Master & Headphones)
If you still have issues with audio output, try to set your computer's built-in sound card as the default playback device (instead of the Numark) and try VirtualDJ again.

geposted Mon 11 Sep 23 @ 6:56 am