Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Numark DashBoard
I have just acquired the Numark DashBoard. Good job I just read about the firmware update locking vdj out, is that still the case?
My issue is that it has 8 slots/buttons that are on screen and they refer to loop beat lengths, however my plan was to totally reassign the display data, I already have allocated, beat position bar etc, so I can align for drops etc, but I wanted cue data displayed in the 8 spots and to have colour assigned and cue names shown. Is this not going to be possible, or do I just have to dig through action keys etc and assign the right script?

geposted Thu 13 May 21 @ 5:36 pm
Should work fine with latest firmware
https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/numark/dashboard/setup.html
And firmware might change some midi notes etc that would require update to mappers, thats all..

Can look at the mapper entries inside VirtualDJ to see whats easily changeable and what is not ;-)
Displays can be more or less exposed to the mapper.. just display values it might be easy to query other values for displaying

geposted Thu 13 May 21 @ 6:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
No, you cant change the display of the 8 loop-buttons on the Dashboard screen.
If there was such a possibility (from firmware) we would use those to show the Pads info in default mapping.
Dashboard and NV/NS7 screens are u get what u see

geposted Thu 13 May 21 @ 7:00 pm
That's a shame as I was able to tailor the mix track platinum fx displays which are just lcd the type that is very restrictive as it's based fixed image sections rather than individual pixels, I thought I was going to be able to have even more control over what's displayed. I can alter alot of what I want to do. Trying to work out if I can have 2 alternatives with shift applied. Also is there anyway off adding more than 8 visual cues, I don't get why it's limited to 8?

geposted Thu 13 May 21 @ 7:20 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It was originally designed as a serato device, serato only has 8 cues.

geposted Thu 13 May 21 @ 7:49 pm
Every device i use is a serato or something else device, but I use in vdj, and the thing that kills it is that in vdj the devices have functionality beyond what they were designed for. I guess this is just another situation that vdj has set the bar so high, and I’m used to making controllers do what I want and more.

one thing I did notice and this is why I ask, is that the numark dashboard has parameter options that have been turned off or not added, I’ll have to double check, but I noticed in the user guide that there were options that were not available, so I had to add them back myself. And I’ve been doing that with alot of pad pages, that’s what I love, but that’s also why I’m not a fan of testing and seeing, cause although you can learn alot, I don’tblike altering things that can have an affect if your wrong. And that is obviously what has happened here, a developer was probaly trying somethjng out last minute and decided against it, but forgot to add back the function that was originally added and it stayed out.

I know I’ve done something and it’s probaly just a box that needs ticking or unticking, but my midi keyboard is registering input but assigned commends are not working, thing is I only want the sustain pedal use. It works on other setups so Im gonna have to do a complete system reinstall becuase I think it’s something outside of vdj. I wonder how many of you are getting sucked into the customising settings side and that side is taking over the actual playing and djing side?

geposted Sun 16 May 21 @ 3:39 pm