Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Local media broadcast on internal LAN to DLNA devices
I have a program called "Jamcast" that I use to create a DLNA sound card that will broadcast music to my HiFi. Jamcast has a "broadcast what you hear feature", so it shows up as a soundcard on my HiFi. The HiFi has DLNA capabilities much like any smart device like a TV, a WIFI or Sonos speaker. Can VDJ broadcast directly to a DLNA device using its "Broadcast" capabilities? And, if so, can it be done with zero latency, much like a Sonos device?

Also, Jamcast is very cool however it will broadcast what you hear... so if you are using laptop speakers and the laptop has a special EQ for those speakers (they usually do) that's what you'll hear on your DLNA device. So, set the default audio device in your laptop settings to headphones or large speakers for the best results. It will work with USB sound cards as well.

geposted Fri 14 May 21 @ 4:54 pm
VirtualDJ broadcasts shoutcast, icecast and RTMP...
So if you have a server with any of the above, what also has DLNA, then that should work ok..
Or a "re-stream" server such as https://serviio.org/ (free trial, $25)

Not familiar with "jamcast" but possibly you could route the audio out of VDJ to the "sound card" you mention

geposted Fri 14 May 21 @ 5:25 pm
right, however I don't want to broadcast on the WAN, just my LAN. Jamcast acts as a virtual sound card, so in the VDJ config, you set the sound card to the same card used by Jamcast. Jamcast is free for the basic version, but there is a lot of latency and limitations... but again... its free.

geposted Thu 20 May 21 @ 5:46 pm