Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Copying virtual folders so 1 can be a template
Is there any way to copy/paste already made virtual folders?

Basically, every week, I make a virtual folder for that weekends wedding or two. The event ends up with 1 VF titled after the B&G. Within that folder are 2 more VFs, named ceremony & reception. Then within those 2 are numerous folders named specifically, like prelude, parents, wedding party, Bride, recessional and into those, I drag a specific song or a list of songs. I do the same with the reception with folders named cocktail hour, grand entrance, 1st dance, cake, parent dances, anniversary dance, bouquet & garter, dance, slow, last song...plus any special folders need for the event. After I have constructed all this, then I begin to drag songs into the relevant folders.

My hope is, there is some way where I can have all those named, empty folders made. The whole thing constructed as a Master template VF I made. Then all I would need to do is copy and paste it within VDJ and a "new folder" appears on the left and all I need to do is rename it. This possible? For me at least, it would be a HUGE time saver.

geposted Mon 07 Jun 21 @ 5:25 pm
1. Create the empty VF with it's empty subfolders on the root of the folder tree. Let's say it's named "Wedding Template"
2. Close VirtualDJ
3. Go on "Documents\VirtualDJ\folders
4. Copy the "Wedding Template.xml" file AND the "Wedding Template.subfolders" folder
5. Go on new location
6. Paste

DONE!

geposted Mon 07 Jun 21 @ 5:48 pm
Hey! That worked perfect! Thank you!

geposted Fri 11 Mar 22 @ 12:53 am