Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Many beat anchors in BPM editor

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi

I was wondering if anyone is aware of any problems that might result from adding lots of beatgrid anchors to tracks. When preparing old songs with lots of tempo variations, synchronising lights is a nightmare as my lighting software needs an accurate grid, which it can obtain from the VDJ beatgrid. The simplest way to achieve this seems to be by adding a beat anchor at the start of every bar but I don't want to go down this road if it will be problematic...

Has anyone come across any issues doing this or know of any reasons not to?

TIA

geposted Tue 20 Jul 21 @ 1:10 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Depends on which lighting software you are using and how you control it (Audio OS2L Midi ArtNet ...)
but it's not very accurate either
you may try to recreate a beat detection :
using audio, you may use a LP filter or beat detection in your software (if any)
using OS2L may need a rsi loop with the help of get_spectrum_band
using DMXArtNet you can use get_spectrum_band maybe in combination with get_beat_bar for some channels

geposted Tue 20 Jul 21 @ 4:04 am
Nicotux wrote :
Depends on which lighting software you are using and how you control it (Audio OS2L Midi ArtNet ...)
but it's not very accurate either
you may try to recreate a beat detection :
using audio, you may use a LP filter or beat detection in your software (if any)
using OS2L may need a rsi loop with the help of get_spectrum_band
using DMXArtNet you can use get_spectrum_band maybe in combination with get_beat_bar for some channels

Thanks for your input Nicotux. I'm using Soundswitch & either manually or auto scripting light shows for each song. The issue is that SS uses the VDJ beatgrid when scripting the lights. If the grid isn't accurately aligned with the beat the lights will be out of sync with the music which looks really bad hence the need to create an accurate grid in VDJ using lots of markers. It is possible to manually override the beatgrid within SS but it's a pretty painful exercise & having a good grid initially is the best option.

geposted Tue 20 Jul 21 @ 4:25 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)