Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: WASAPI
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If you use WASAPI, can you just leave latency in VDJ performance settings to 0

geposted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 3:40 pm
I use WASPI and latency 480 I have tried it at 0 I could not tell the difference.

geposted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 4:17 pm
It's not possible to have zero latency when using computer audio.

There'll always be a small delay whilst the signal gets processed. 10ms is the accepted standard to aim for. You might be able to get below that with decent equipment but it shouldn't be necessary.

If you're setting it to zero that's probably why you're having issues.

geposted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 4:21 pm
No usually have it set in asio, but this is WASAPI, so can't set like ASIO, hence my question. I thought setting in ASIO rather than VDJ was correct way. But with WASAPI can ONLY do in VDJ

geposted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 4:29 pm
Same applies - you can't have zero latency.

Because WASAPI is a generic driver, rather than one designed specifically for a particular audio interface, chances are it'll be higher latency than the correct ASIO driver anyway.

geposted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 4:31 pm
Correct asio is 6 year old. So with WASAPI if i had asio at 512 set in vdj wasapi to 512

geposted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 4:33 pm
TVD UK wrote :
So with WASAPI if i had asio at 512 set in vdj wasapi to 512

I just wrote that WASAPI generally won't give the same or better latency than ASIO......

geposted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 4:37 pm
So If I use a ASIO driver, say set to 512, what should VDJ be set at in latency, I was under impression from numerous posts that you only set the asio driver not vdj, so having 0 in there would be ignored. Is that correct or not, or should it match what is set in asio driver?

geposted Fri 23 Jul 21 @ 4:45 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Best to start with default (press the x at the right side in options if not at default already)
After you can see if you need lower or higher.
Note that with wasapi by default the latency is set by the system anyway.
Only when you enable exclusiveAudioAccess will vdj set the latency. (but best to try without that first)

geposted Sat 24 Jul 21 @ 4:00 am
yes default is 0

geposted Sat 24 Jul 21 @ 1:49 pm
Why are you raising multiple threads about your latency issues? Surely would be easier for people to follow and help if everything was in the same place.

geposted Sat 24 Jul 21 @ 2:40 pm
Because it is slightly different and to be honest it is not that difficult to work it out . Would be good if folk from VDJ showed their face once and a while to try and help. Where are tickets etc gone, is it now impossible to talk to the developers?

geposted Sat 24 Jul 21 @ 3:04 pm
Adion 3 posts above is the developer :)

geposted Sat 24 Jul 21 @ 3:49 pm