Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Camera Rotation
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi
Is is possible to add rotation or flip horizontally & vertically to the camera video fx, I need to mount it upside down on the ceiling in the venue I work in.
Thanks if you can

geposted Sun 25 Jul 21 @ 5:55 pm
Hi, this must be really easy to do right, or does anyone know of a plug-in that could achieve the same effect without mirroring the rest of the video output.
Thanks

geposted Sat 04 Sep 21 @ 1:53 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Currently only <cover> can rotate

just adding this possibility to <visual> would be very fine
and would allow to rotate camera too

geposted Sat 04 Sep 21 @ 2:49 pm
To add further to this request, to flip the camera outside of VDJ I tried using OBS Studio to create a virtual webcam I can control through that, however if OBS is running and no camera is connected to my laptop the camera overlay fx in VDJ will allow me to select 'OBS Virtual Camera' and when I click on it I get the OBS logo with a 'no camera' icon displayed, however if I connect a webcam, the camera overlay fx only sees the actual webcam and does not show the OBS virtual camera, I have tried this on 2 different PCs with the same result, other apps that can access web cameras can see both cameras and they work as configured, i.e the native camera is normal orientation the OBS Virtual camera is flipped.
PS, if i connect 2 webcams, the camera fx overlay will see both cameras and allow me select either, but it refuses to show the OBS Virtual Camera unless that is the only camera connected.

geposted Sat 04 Sep 21 @ 8:21 pm