Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Auto Stop recordings soltuion

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hey all,

If you've ever tried recording an automix but wanted to step away from the computer, you've noticed that it doesn't auto stop when the mix is complete. I came up with a solution using either the elgato stream deck or touch portal that stops the recording after a defined length of time.

Check out the steps and configurations here:
https://youtu.be/W1_vKAsLZHE

geposted Tue 10 Aug 21 @ 11:00 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If all you want is to stop recording at the end of your Automix Playlist, then there are a few much easier ways to do that.

Open the last Track of your Automix with POI Editor, add an Action POI with action "record off" at the end of the track and you re done.
Just remember to remove this POI once your recording is done, in order not to stop recording if you put the same Track somewhere in the middle of a different Playlist.

Alternatively, you can have a "silent"/short Track and always put that at the end of your Playlist , with the same Action POI as above.

Another way to stop recording at specific duration or time, is to use Event Scheduler

geposted Tue 10 Aug 21 @ 4:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
And another one..
Custom button as ...
record on & automix on & repeat_start 'endrec' 500ms 100ms & play ? nothing : automix off & record off & repeat_stop 'endrec'

Press to start Automix and Record, and once finished, it will stop automix and recording too.

geposted Tue 10 Aug 21 @ 5:06 pm
Not OP but those are very clever solutions. Is there nothing VDJ can't do?!

geposted Tue 17 Aug 21 @ 1:13 pm
Can't make you coffee (yet) :P

geposted Tue 17 Aug 21 @ 5:07 pm
well, it use to find me food.. i dont know if that is in 2021

geposted Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 2:10 am
Unfortunately this doesn't work for me with 'automixDualDeck' on.

geposted Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 3:34 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
record on & automix on & repeat_start 'endrec' 500ms 100ms & deck 1 play ? nothing : deck 2 play ? nothing : automix off & record off & repeat_stop 'endrec'

geposted Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 3:41 am
Thanks Locodog, this works well. Now only to make coffee.....

geposted Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 3:56 am
Last Question.....

Is it possible to color tracks with DRM protection?

geposted Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 4:21 am
try it.

geposted Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 6:22 am
Thanks for this great answer, at least we can do something with this.

geposted Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 6:26 am
I honestly don't know, I don't use any streamed content so don't have any to test.
I don't see why you couldn't, it's just adding data to an xml file, not the file itself.
With you asking you probably do have DRM content, so quickest answer you will get is, to try it.

geposted Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 6:41 am
I ask this because when recording a list the recording stops because there is a track in between with DRM protection. Now I can't see that and remove it from the list.

geposted Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 6:49 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The extension of the cached files is .vdjcache, so you can use this in a color filter for example.
(File Type is vdjcache)

geposted Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 7:02 am
Thanks Adion, I'll try some.

geposted Sun 22 Aug 21 @ 7:11 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)