Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hotcues

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

J J ZrnPRO InfinityMember since 2019
I know when coping songs that have hotcues, the cues are saved in the xml file. I use the feature within virtual DJ ...Copy to.... for the song to get on to the thumbdrive and it also has the xml file where the hot cues are stored. Its the transfer to the other computer where im having the issue.

When i copy from, its not there. I only use VDJ so there is no other software that i to deal with. Im thinking i can not put them in the existing file i have in the other computer cause its named different and has a different pathway? ...Thanks in advance

geposted Mon 30 Aug 21 @ 12:11 pm
I may be overdoing it but I just copy my entire VDJ file to the other computer and I have every thing. It takes a little longer to copy but I know I have every thing.

geposted Mon 30 Aug 21 @ 12:22 pm
fallguy66 wrote :
I may be overdoing it but I just copy my entire VDJ file to the other computer and I have every thing. It takes a little longer to copy but I know I have every thing.

Thanks but i have over 5k songs in the folder and i just want a few songs that i work on adding cues to on a different computer...to txfr to a another computer .

geposted Mon 30 Aug 21 @ 12:34 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
First check if Hotcues are stored to the USB flash drive. Open the database.xml in /VirtualDJ folder with a Text Editor and check a few songs.

Before doing the Copy from the USB flash drive to your Local HD , if you try to load the Tracks from the USB stick to a VirtualDJ Deck, do you get the Hotcues ?

Next time you do that, try to set getCuesFromTags to No.

geposted Mon 30 Aug 21 @ 12:39 pm
djdad wrote :
First check if Hotcues are stored to the USB flash drive. Open the database.xml in /VirtualDJ folder with a Text Editor and check a few songs.

Before doing the Copy from the USB flash drive to your Local HD , if you try to load the Tracks from the USB stick to a VirtualDJ Deck, do you get the Hotcues ?

Next time you do that, try to set getCuesFromTags to No.

Yes and Yes. I went to the xml folder, opened as a text file in the stick and it had the cues. Also, I get the hotcues in the song from the stick.

I set getcuesfromtags to NO and was able to copy the song into the database and it had the hotcues.

Thanks for your help.

geposted Mon 30 Aug 21 @ 1:08 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)