Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Control 4 Decks With 2 Deck Controler Or...

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello all, I'm new here.

I was looking at the licensing for some four deck controllers and noticed that the once I found needed a pro license. Are there any budget friendly four deck controllers without limitations controlling virtual DJ, that don't need a pro license? Or am I able to control four decks with something like the DDJ400?

I'm very much a novice in the DJ world so I'd like to start out with something lower cost. I've been making music for 10 years and I plan to use four deck gear to re-envisioned tracks I've made. This is basically a rough experiment I'm trying for the first time so I'd like to see what it's all about before investing in a pro license.

Thanks for any advice

geposted Sat 04 Sep 21 @ 10:02 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
possible yes, easily no.
do you have any daw control devices?

geposted Sun 05 Sep 21 @ 12:17 am
No I use my MPC as the host and Logic follows. How would a control surface help with using 4 decks in VDJ or finding an entry-level four deck controller?

geposted Sun 05 Sep 21 @ 3:22 pm
like I said 4 decks with a 2 deck controller is awkward, an extra set of buttons & dials would make it more manageable, however the point is moot.

geposted Sun 05 Sep 21 @ 5:57 pm
Jesus Christ people on forums are such a wretched little depressing people. Thanks for the sort of help little moot boy

geposted Sun 05 Sep 21 @ 11:50 pm
No need for blasphemy. You said you made music, it was reasonable to at least ask if you had a control surface, if used in combination with a 2 deck controller you could have serviceable set up, it would have also lead me to tell you you would need a pro licence to be able to use tech you already had and whatever 2 deck controller you intended to purchase.
But you don't, so that line of conversation holds little relevance.

So back to your original question.
possible yes, easily no, would I recommend it for a new user - no. In your case of making live re-edits & mixing - I'd strongly recommend against it, the work flow would be clunky.

I don't know of a current 4 deck controller that doesn't require a pro licence.

geposted Mon 06 Sep 21 @ 12:39 am
JulianGlass wrote :
This is basically a rough experiment I'm trying for the first time so I'd like to see what it's all about before investing in a pro license.

Locodog correct me if I am wrong .. one gets to try a controller for 30 days, as a trial for that exact reason to see if all works before buying the Pro Infinity licence..

Or one can continue to try after that for $19 each additional month.

VDJ make it so easy, and is so generous, giving full versions before one buys. And all the amazing updates free for lifetime.

So Love VDJ ! !

-----------------

PS If not using to DJ but to create music, wonder if 2 less expensive 2-Deck controllers both connected would work.. if one has the desk space, (as it would give access to all 4 decks at the same time)

geposted Mon 06 Sep 21 @ 7:39 am
IIDEEJAYII wrote :
[quote=JulianGlass] wonder if 2 less expensive 2-Deck controllers both connected would work.. if one has the desk space, (as it would give access to all 4 decks at the same time)

This is a good idea! I wonder if you'd have to make sure they were two different models. What is the behavior when VDJ sees two identical units?

geposted Mon 06 Sep 21 @ 1:24 pm
very unique dj name wrote :
This is a good idea! I wonder if you'd have to make sure they were two different models. What is the behavior when VDJ sees two identical units?

I feel using the same model would be easiest to use intuitively. And I have seen the method for VDJ to be setup so that each of the identical controllers can be mapped differently. Just cannot find those posts at the moment.

I imagine it is set in the Setting > Mappings and choosing the Decks for each controller in the upper right.

And if you look at assign_controller,
assign_controller : assign a specific controller to this deck. . 'deck 1 assign_controller "cdj400" 2' assigns the second cdj400 to deck 1.

Again, It is easily possible in VDJ to have 2 identical, 2 deck controllers, one mapped for Decks 1 and 2 with the other mapped as 3 and 4.

DJDAD, Adion, Locodog, and many others here can assist you, if that is what you choose to do.

geposted Mon 06 Sep 21 @ 8:19 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)