Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Rane One Compatibility Issue
marvo15PRO InfinityMember since 2013
After losing my loyal Pioneer Sx2 a few weeks ago, I decided to move on to the Rane One controller. Since making the change I have had nothing but issues trying to produce a clear sound quality through the controller. I have tried every possible setting, buffer, and USB port to remedy the issue. I've even tried running the Rane and VDJ on a backup laptop and am still getting the same result. Every 5-10 to minutes the sound will cut for about a half of second, and there are periods throughout each track that the sound becomes "muddy" and compressed. To make things worse, I have tried the same hardware, same settings, and same tracks in Serato and the sound quality is flawless. Technical support hasn't helped point me in the right direction. I'm so frustrated that I'm actually considering a move to Serato if I can't get this resolved. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

geposted Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 12:03 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
One thing u can try is , with the Rane One connected to USB, open Windows Sound and make sure the Rane sound card is NOT the default playback/record/mic device for your OS (Windows i suppose).

You could also enable CreateMidilog setting in VDJ and next time it happens check the Log Report.txt file in /Documents/VirtualDJ folder and see if any disconnection is logged there.

geposted Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 4:49 pm