Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Plugin issues
Hi there,

I am running VirtualDJ v.8.3 b4514 for Mac 10.13.6. I downloaded a few plugins from this page:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/effects.html

None of them seem to work when I put them in the system VST folders. I am not even sure if the VDJ I am running is 32 bit or 64 bit, and if these plugins are even compatible with the latter. If anyone could point me in the right direction ASAP or show me a solution, that would be great!

geposted Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 8:24 pm
try the regular plugin folder they aren't VSTs :-)

geposted Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 9:12 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
The plugins from this page are for previous SDK and previous version of VDJ
most (no all) will run in VDJ 8.3 32bit for Windows but none in 64bit version

About Mac version : VDJ is 64bit for a long time and recent builds are M1 compatible too (not sure about native support)
the plugins have to be specifically mac version

most are obsolete EchoOut v2.0 (ported), Wahwah v3.0 (now built in), Vocal Remover v1.0 (VDJ V2 Last update: Sun 29 Jun 03 ), balance 1.1 (v2 ported available as beta), TalkFilter v1.0 (Third part SDK not available anymore)...

note: many plugins in the page have source code but were never ported to recent VDJ SDK
some are, other aren't, most need mac developers and are only ported to Win version
some developers explicitly asked not to diffuse portage of their job done by third part (developer's choice)

however you can port them by yourself (if you are able to), personal use from available source allowed
(FlanJet v1.0 as an example, is easily portable and a good point to start learning VDJ internal)

take a look at options -> extensions to see which one are available or not for recent VDJ

geposted Wed 22 Sep 21 @ 10:10 pm