Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Transfering your saved data to a new laptop

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hello, I am not sure if anyone ever posted this but I thought I'd share what I have been doing over the years to transfer all my saved VDJ data to a new computer. This might be a little long but it works.

1st take into consideration how you are going to store the info on your new laptop. If you are going to swap the hard drive for a bigger on then you need to clone it. Do all of that 1st. If you stored your media on the C drive before then you need to do it again. If you had it on a different letter drive then you need to mimic that situation again on the new laptop.

When you are naming the new laptop you have name it exactly like the old one. Once you have all the new laptop set up stuff done you need to transfer over all you media. You need to put it in the exact place it was in the old laptop. So if it was in the music or video folder on the old laptop it needs to go into that same folder / drive on the new laptop.

Once you have transferred all your media then download VDJ on the new computer. DO NOT open VDJ. Copy your old VDJ folder that is in documents on your old computer and save it on a USB or external drive. It will have all your addons, mappers and most importantly your saved VDJ library. Go to documents in your new laptop and delete the VDJ folder. Copy the old VDJ folder in the documents folder of your new laptop.

You can now open VDJ and all of your que points, star rating & color codings should be there. I hope this help. Enjoy

geposted Mon 27 Sep 21 @ 11:27 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)