Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Recording with an analog mixer - Page: 1
Hi All,

I use VDJ with 2 Numark NDX500 and a M2 Numark as mixer. Since my mixer is an analog one and I cannot use some features of VDJ, what would it be the cheapest and practical option to record my session?

Thanks
Massimiliano

geposted Tue 24 May 22 @ 2:28 pm

geposted Tue 24 May 22 @ 7:08 pm
I am not sure if your answer was a joke or I am missing something in your link

geposted Tue 24 May 22 @ 7:15 pm

geposted Tue 24 May 22 @ 7:20 pm
Thank you so much - I thought of that option but I was not sure if it was possible. So 2 RCA from the record line of the mixer into a single jack back to the computer. Will the record be stereo still? How can I make input appear? I do not have any.

geposted Tue 24 May 22 @ 7:52 pm
I think I know where to find the input option - I need to click on + and then input from the from down menu. Right?

geposted Tue 24 May 22 @ 7:54 pm
yes

geposted Tue 24 May 22 @ 8:32 pm
Will it be stereo?

geposted Tue 24 May 22 @ 10:30 pm
yes

geposted Tue 24 May 22 @ 10:53 pm
Sorry if I bother with an additional question - since the record output of the mixer does not have gain control, is there any chance that the audio getting into my laptop will damage its sound card?

geposted Wed 25 May 22 @ 10:00 am
Hi
Any feedback as I do not want to damage my laptop?
Thanks

geposted Thu 26 May 22 @ 4:41 pm
user24022989 wrote :
I am not sure if your answer was a joke

What makes you think it's a joke?

You asked for a way to record audio from your mixer. I provided a link to audio recorders.

geposted Thu 26 May 22 @ 4:52 pm
as long as you are connecting to a line level output everything should be fine.

geposted Thu 26 May 22 @ 6:55 pm
If you meant the media players, yes they are connected to input line of the mixer.

geposted Thu 26 May 22 @ 8:58 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
no, the concern is out of the mixer into the in of the laptop.

it's rca out [line level] for record out on that mixer, it will be fine to feed a sound in on a laptop.

geposted Thu 26 May 22 @ 9:02 pm
Thank you for the clarification.

geposted Thu 26 May 22 @ 9:15 pm
Sorry I did not have the time to test this before. It does not work. I connected the 2 numark ndx500 to the laptop and mixer and chose the ndx audio as I do always. The manual says to select the computer audio but if I do that, the mixer will be excluded. I clicked on line input and select record. The only option I have is the internal audio of my laptop which is Conexant isst audio... I do not have any numark option like the example of the link (it shows Hercules). After I finish to record, what I have is just the noice I made. There is no music.

Would anyone be so kind as advice what I am doing wrong?

geposted Sun 29 May 22 @ 8:56 pm
I forgot to mention that I connect the RCA to the record output of the mixer and the jack into the laptop.

geposted Sun 29 May 22 @ 9:32 pm
Would anyone be so kind as to advice?

geposted Tue 31 May 22 @ 7:33 am
Hi
I am trying again if anyone kind would like to help.
Thanks

geposted Tue 07 Jun 22 @ 10:22 am
77%