Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer DDJSR2 and Sampler Pad
Hi,

I have just noticed that when I have my controller turned on, the first pad when I have selected the sampler option, is always highlighted. I cannot turn it on and off. I have turned the controller on/off and restarted virtual DJ and still same problem.

I then decided to try with the controller off and just use the PC. The pad is still highlighted and cannot be turned on or off. Pushing the pad button does nothing. It is the top most left pad on both decks.

Any ideas how I can fix this as worked perfectly fine last weekend. Picture below

geposted Mon 08 Aug 22 @ 9:09 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The same Sample slot shows up as playing in SAMPLER view of Sideview in Browser ?

Do you have a sampler.xml file in /documents/VirtualDJ/Pads folder ? If so, delete it and restart VDJ.

geposted Mon 08 Aug 22 @ 12:58 pm
Hi,

The highlighted sample isn't playing at all. Doesn't show playing in sampler or side view which is strange. I look into your suggestion when I finish work this afternoon?

geposted Mon 08 Aug 22 @ 6:56 pm
DJDAD,

You are an absolute superstar. There was a sampler.xml file under the Pads folder and deleting this has done the trick. Thank you so much for your awesome advice and assistance.

I would like to ask you another question regarding the sampler option and pads. I am using the instruments sampler on my pads. On left deck I have the 4 drums and 4 hit hat sounds. Right deck has 4 synthesizer sounds. Is there a way that I can remove the synthesizer sounds from the right deck and have it mimic the left deck (so both decks have 4 drums and 4 hi hats as these are the only sounds i'll be using.)

Thanks

geposted Tue 09 Aug 22 @ 8:30 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
By default, if a Sampler Bank has more than 8 samples , left side pads will control samples 1 to 8 and right-side samples 9 to 16.
You can get control of all 16 Samples of the Bank from one side, by using a custom Pads page and replace the default Sampler page.

Install the 16 Samples page from VDJ Extensions ..

then assign this new Pads page on your controller .. https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/decks/decksadvanced/pads.html#controller

The 2nd Parameter (SHIFT+PARAM buttons) will toggle between the 2 banks

geposted Tue 09 Aug 22 @ 7:10 pm