Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Hotcue Issues on the Beatgrid
Hey guys,

Please can anybody can help me resolve why the hotcue points I set on a track does not exactly line up on VDJ software deck's line of start position of loaded tracks.
The hotcue point does not exactly line up on the Decks's line of start position which is indicated by a line in the VDJ software.
For instance I will have to drag the hotcue point back to the deck's line of a track's start position so it line up exactly on the beat grid.

I will appreciate the help guys.
Thanks

geposted Wed 12 Oct 22 @ 7:26 pm
Your description doesn't make sense.
Can you try to tell us the exact steps you're doing ?
A hotcue will get placed at the position (as indicated by the white marker/needle) that the track is located when you press the hotcue button.
The only exceptions on this rule are the following cases:
1) You have turned on "quantize_all" action. This is not a setting. It's an action that's present on some controllers featuring a "quantize" button.
2) You have turned on "quantizeSetCue" setting. This is a setting you can check it's status at VirtualDJ settings.

On both cases above, the hotcue will be placed not on the exact location you pressed the hotcue button, but on the nearest beat as indicated by the CBG (and it will also take into account the globalQuantize setting, so it can move/snap to half beat, quarter of beat e.t.c.)

geposted Thu 13 Oct 22 @ 9:53 am
you might check your "autocue" setting sounds like you want it set to cue maybe?

geposted Thu 13 Oct 22 @ 10:16 am
Sounds like you need to align the tracks beat grid if i am understanding correctly.

Easiest way i found to do this is to line up the track where you want the 1st down beat and click on the tap button. that will move the beat grid for you.

geposted Thu 13 Oct 22 @ 1:04 pm
Thanks much PhantomDeeJay.
I think my issue might have to do with second instance which is "quantizesetcue" and I will check it out in the software setting.
I sure will keep yall posted.
Appreciate all the input fellas!!

geposted Thu 13 Oct 22 @ 5:10 pm