Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mapping Issue With MC6000mk2
Hi everyone. I am using the Denon MC6000MK2.

I broke one of my cardinal rules and updated the software the night before a gig, and when I got to the job half of the controls were no longer working. Luckily I had a full backup.

Specifically all of the EQ's, Gain Knobs, and the 1 & 2 faders were no longer working (the middle bits). The bulk of the board works fine, it's just the central EQ stuff and faders. I'd say my VDJ 2021 was about 8 months out of date before the update.

Is there something simple I may be overlooking that is causing these primary hardware pieces not to be mapped? I tried the default mapping and no dice... It's almost as if the software doesn't see those components anymore, and I can't seem to map them either.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

geposted Sat 03 Dec 22 @ 7:46 pm
First question - PC or Mac?

I've used the Denon MC6000 Mk1 and Denon MC6000 Mk2 for many years on PC & Mac, they are just for backup now as my main Controller Is the Denon MC7000.

If it's on PC then I would suggest the driver will probably need re-installing. I would try using the hardware manual and install it as if it was the first time;

Hardware installation here

On a Mac, it is Class Compliant and doesn't use drivers.

P.S. If you're reinstalling the drivers don't forget to press APPLY. 🙂

geposted Sun 04 Dec 22 @ 8:46 am
Thanks for the Reply! This is a PC.

My guess was it might be driver related, but since the unit was working great with the prior software version I had I thought it might be possible it was something else.

I’ll give that a shot. Thanks again!

geposted Mon 05 Dec 22 @ 6:06 pm