Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mixstream Pro
Ok first off Merry Christmas if you celebrate it, hope everyone and everybody is having a great holiday.

As some know I use Denon products and have for a long time, something about them just keeps me coming back. Never really had any major issues with any of the Denon gear I’ve owned over the years.

Anyways I was thinking of picking up a Mixstream Pro since I am already in the Engine ecosystem.

I know it’s pretty basic as far as controls and fxs goes but really alls I would do is take it when I go camping or just hanging out I. The woods with my family.

I’ve thought about the battery powered Denon Go thing but I would have to carry around a speaker which I guess I do anyways because of the PT01 scratch.

Anyone here have any experience with it?? What do you like about it, don’t like about it. Just your general impressions of it.

geposted Sun 25 Dec 22 @ 7:48 pm
No one here is using this controller??

geposted Mon 26 Dec 22 @ 3:37 pm
I considered either that or the Prime Go but Engine is an utter mess and put me off. I also feel the Go is good quality but the battery doesn't last a gig and it's too expensive, but the Mixistream is cheap and gimmicky with the bedroom speakers.

If they had something in the middle with the go quality but without the battery or speakers that might hit the spot.

For being someone who's used Denon gear since the 90s I've completely gone off them as in music are not going in a direction I like. The quality is questionable and their product line is bizarre. Just gonna stick with my MCX8000 units and leave it there.

geposted Mon 26 Dec 22 @ 3:45 pm
I hear ya bro! I had the 8000 but the screen kept freezing on me so I sent it back.

I have an NV and the SR2 but I always have to hookup a laptop to use either one which is the appeal of the Mixstream and it is now supported by VDJ.

I might just grab one and see how it goes. The newest Denon update has fixed some issues with it.

geposted Mon 26 Dec 22 @ 4:07 pm
Can't go wrong for the price I guess, worth a shot.
Let us know how you get on!

geposted Mon 26 Dec 22 @ 4:39 pm
Well I got my hands on 1 for $250, don't think they realized what they had lol!!

Anyways, in standalone mode it is basic but it is fun!! Not to much bigger then my Numark NV. The speakers on it are actually decent for what they are. All in all I cant really complain about it so far. It will defiantly be going on camping trips with the fam, hanging out at the park or where ever I decide to bust it out.

Now with VDJ it gets better but I think the screen could be utilized a little better but that's me and I consider myself an advanced user.

So give me a little time and Ill report back after some real world use.

geposted Thu 12 Jan 23 @ 8:05 pm
Excellent, great price. Thanks for the update Huey!

geposted Thu 12 Jan 23 @ 8:19 pm
Nice.....Where did you find that for such a low price ..

geposted Fri 13 Jan 23 @ 1:31 am
Not the same low price, but I got mine, a refurbished control, last week. It came with a generic package but it is brand new with the 2.2.0 firmware. I already put the 2.4 engine DJ firmware and works with no major issues, so far.
The good about this unit 1) it is all in one system 2) You could use it also as a controller with VDJ since 2.2 firmware (without it is just a limited all-in-one system). With this setup VDJ also changes the 7"display for a custom navigation and display which is great 3) The sound is decent for what is intended, mostly for use in small rooms, maybe outdoors but do not expect a loud sound. 4) The engine DJ touch system is getting better and better
The NOT so good i) The 7" screen lays flat. It should have been tilted 10-20º so you do not get neck pain after DJing for a long period ii) Big filter knobs oddly located not near the EQ buttons ii) limited effects (4) unless you use it as a controller with VDJ iii) There are only four pad modes and four physical pads. The pad modes does not contain sampler (or may be I do not know how to get a custom pad mode with samples) You could use 4 'additional' pads with the press of a button, not a problem, but those wanting to use pads you are limited only to four physical. if you want to use VDJ and the stems for example, you have to press back and forth the additional key. So far, after one week.
In conclusion, as an all-in-one system pretty limited in features, but as a controller with VDJ a nice 'machine' if you get it at a super reduced price

geposted Fri 13 Jan 23 @ 2:32 am
djjohnnyrox wrote :
Nice.....Where did you find that for such a low price ..

Mercari, its a buying/selling platform kinda like ebay. I use it all the time.

geposted Fri 13 Jan 23 @ 2:36 pm
hpcolous wrote :
Not the same low price, but I got mine, a refurbished control, last week. It came with a generic package but it is brand new with the 2.2.0 firmware. I already put the 2.4 engine DJ firmware and works with no major issues, so far.
The good about this unit 1) it is all in one system 2) You could use it also as a controller with VDJ since 2.2 firmware (without it is just a limited all-in-one system). With this setup VDJ also changes the 7"display for a custom navigation and display which is great 3) The sound is decent for what is intended, mostly for use in small rooms, maybe outdoors but do not expect a loud sound. 4) The engine DJ touch system is getting better and better
The NOT so good i) The 7" screen lays flat. It should have been tilted 10-20º so you do not get neck pain after DJing for a long period ii) Big filter knobs oddly located not near the EQ buttons ii) limited effects (4) unless you use it as a controller with VDJ iii) There are only four pad modes and four physical pads. The pad modes does not contain sampler (or may be I do not know how to get a custom pad mode with samples) You could use 4 'additional' pads with the press of a button, not a problem, but those wanting to use pads you are limited only to four physical. if you want to use VDJ and the stems for example, you have to press back and forth the additional key. So far, after one week.
In conclusion, as an all-in-one system pretty limited in features, but as a controller with VDJ a nice 'machine' if you get it at a super reduced price

Yes sir, agree with everything said here.

I will say that I do like the filter knobs up top tho and they are chunky which i do like. Its a solid unit for its intended purposes. Like I said it'll be going everywhere I go this summer lol!!

geposted Fri 13 Jan 23 @ 2:40 pm
So i used it live for the first time this past weekend with VDJ and it ran flawlessly.

Not a bad little unit for those easy little bar gigs. Definitely gonna keep this thing.

geposted Tue 07 Feb 23 @ 3:53 pm
Now you can also play "Amazon Music Unlimited" with it...

geposted Tue 07 Feb 23 @ 8:55 pm
Not the version I have lol!!

geposted Tue 07 Feb 23 @ 10:10 pm
Which version do you have?

geposted Wed 08 Feb 23 @ 8:47 pm
The very first version. This new version has a DRM chip built into it which is what allows it to play Amazon tracks..

geposted Wed 08 Feb 23 @ 9:47 pm
Thanks, I've read it now.
I thought I could get an old one for cheap :-)

geposted Thu 09 Feb 23 @ 7:37 pm
Ok so after having this thing for a year it is now a paperweight. My crossfader is totally gone and all my fx buttons as well as the back, load, view and fx paddles no longer work.

I can use it via the touch screen but that's a hassle.

No longer buy and stand alone unit that does not come with at the vert least, a USER replaceable crossfader. Not too happy about this, probably gonna end up in the dump!!

Its 2024, NO company will get my money unless units meet certain criteria , RANT OVER............

geposted Mon 29 Jan 24 @ 5:04 pm
They're not the best built units to be fair. Loads of people complaining about faders and buttons. Cheaper quality components obviously.

The fact you have to completely dismantle the unit to replace a channel fader is a no go for me.

geposted Mon 29 Jan 24 @ 7:10 pm
kradcliffe wrote :

The fact you have to completely dismantle the unit to replace a channel fader is a no go for me.

Yup that's where I'm at from here on out.

I will say I had no other problems with while using it with software or in stand alone mode. All so had no problems with Sound Switch but yeah the crossfader going out is a real stinger for me.

geposted Mon 29 Jan 24 @ 7:28 pm