Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Intermittent Audio Stuttering - My Opinion - Page: 1
BDJPETEPRO InfinityMember since 2012
This problem was previously addressed by VDJ Support and I thought it was fixed, unfortunately, since its intermittent it did not appear during my next session until late in the night.
Intermittent Audio Stuttering:
I am using the new VDJ and a new Laptop, I am fully convinced that this is something within VDJ which was overlooked by its developers, I have the same problem. I bought a new Laptop, a Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gaming Laptop and using it with Pioneer DDJ SRT1000. I tried several things and none have worked, It seems that VDJ is calling for some extra resources at certain points during playing and there is a certain incompatibility with new Laptops and windows 11.
Virtual DJ Support needs to dig into this issue a little deeper.
They recommended a Latency setting of 512/11, I thought it worked but then the problem appeared late in a session. I bumped my RAM from 16gb up to 32gb and the problem is still there.
Maybe this has something to do with the new Stems feature, my Laptop has the recommended Graphics card...
Laptop specs...Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Gaming Laptop.
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti, 15.6" 120Hz FHD 300Nit, AMD Ryzen5 5600H, Wi-Fi 6, Backlit Keyboard, Type-C, Webcam Privacy Shutter, /HDMI Cable (32GB RAM | 512GB PCIe SSD).
Controller: Pioneer DDJ 1000srt.
Windows OS: Windows 11
As I said VDJ Support needs to take full ownership of this issue and really dig into it with an eventual solution.
I dont get this with Serato Pro.

geposted Thu 26 Jan 23 @ 7:04 pm
Have you ran a latency monitor to check nothing in the background (bad driver etc) is causing the issue? That's the first thing I would do.

I've had issues with the Nvidia video drivers causing exactly this issue in the past.

geposted Thu 26 Jan 23 @ 7:09 pm
I am a devoted VDJ user and hate playing around with the competition (Serato).
Ball is in your court VDJ Support,

geposted Thu 26 Jan 23 @ 7:21 pm
Question still stands. Have you checked the latency? Just trying to help ........

geposted Thu 26 Jan 23 @ 7:26 pm
I did not because other users have this problem and the Latency Monitor did not help them.

geposted Thu 26 Jan 23 @ 7:30 pm
I could try moving the latency from 512/11 up a bit more because I did not try that but I am sure I saw someone else do that without any success. Open to trying anything not previously tried.

geposted Thu 26 Jan 23 @ 7:35 pm
Have you done the audio driver update for your ddj?

DDJ-1000SRT driver for Windows
Version

geposted Thu 26 Jan 23 @ 9:56 pm

geposted Thu 26 Jan 23 @ 10:06 pm
Yeh I read the comments in that Serato Forum and this problem is widespread affecting both Serato and Virtual DJ. My take now is that one of them should grab the bull by the horns and find out whats happening.

geposted Fri 27 Jan 23 @ 12:52 am
I just remembered that I was using an older Laptop with the same new version of VDJ and never had the problem, it only started with the new Laptop geared for fulltime Stems.

geposted Fri 27 Jan 23 @ 12:54 am
These issue all sound like USB audio buffer problems with the Pioneer driver.

Do you have a different controller you can test with to see if the problem still happens?

I've been using W11 with an XDJ-RX2 for almost 2 years without any issues.
Have since also upgraded to VDJ2023 and use stems 2.0 through each gig without issue too.

So wonder if the DDJ-1000 drivers from Pioneer need an update as that would be the common theme here if its happens in both SDJ and VDJ and across OSX and W11.

geposted Fri 27 Jan 23 @ 10:27 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Check the BIOS/UEFI firmware for your laptop is up to date.

There's a known issue with the fTPM on some Ryzen systems that causes intermittent system freezes. AMD issued a fix last year, but not all manufacturers (I'm looking at you ASUS) have provided that fix to their customers.

I've recently sent back an ASUS Ryzen9 laptop due to the issue.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-410

geposted Fri 27 Jan 23 @ 4:02 pm
That's interesting Scott as I had a Asus Ryzen 9 laptop which was returned and one of the major issues I had with it was intermittent freezing. The UI and whatever I was working on would just stop responding for no reason at all. That may explain why.

geposted Fri 27 Jan 23 @ 7:50 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Lots of complaints about it unfortunately Keith and complete radio silence from the ASUS support team on when - or even if - their laptops are getting the fix.

It's made all the more frustrating by the fact that they have released updates for desktop motherboards with the fix, so it's not like they can claim to be unaware! I tested one system that was experiencing the issue and it was completely resolved.

For the record, the issue was most definitely not isolated to VDJ. It was most obvious due to the interruption to the audio, but I got it whilst simply playing YouTube videos in a browser. It wasn't a dropout, it was a complete momentary freeze - mouse stops moving and all.

Personally I would avoid Ryzen laptops for now unless that laptop model has been explicitly tested by someone who knows what they are looking for.

geposted Fri 27 Jan 23 @ 10:15 pm
SBDJ thats interesting because as I mentioned earlier I was using an older Laptop and never got the issue, I have a long 5hr gig tomorrow and I will walk with my older Laptop. I only got this new Laptop to benefit from the clarity of Stems.

geposted Fri 27 Jan 23 @ 11:17 pm
Ok so I did a 5 hour session this evening.
Laptop at the most recent Windows update.
Most recent Lenovo Updates were run today prior to the session.
DDJ 1000srt is at the most current firmware version.
I had 7 instances of the messed up Audio, they ran for approximately 3-5 seconds.
No issues to warrant a restart of VDJ.
CPU usage has no reading, the little squares were never lit at any point to show that it was being maxed out.
With the Latency at 512/11 I did notice that it takes longer for a song to fully load on each platter.
One other strange occurrence was that I looped the start of a song and the behavior was very erratic jumping back and forth rapidly. During this erratic behavior there was no CPU usage being shown.
This is really crazy.

This is really crazy,

geposted Sun 29 Jan 23 @ 5:35 am
have you checked the USB selective sleep setting in device manager?
This is a new windows feature Microsoft has put into windows 10 upwards and needs disabling on every USB device you can find it in in Device Manger.

geposted Sun 29 Jan 23 @ 10:30 pm
ASUS zenbook UX8402za windows 11 22h2 home 12th gen i9-12900h 2.50 Ghz 32 gb RAM, nvidia geforce RTX 3050ti. VDJ2023 b7388. Rane ONE ASIO 1.0.1 . usb type c, external music library SSD usb type c.

yes i understand the RTX 3050 series is to slow VRam4GB for stems operation.
but i didn't know that last august 2022.

several optimization settings , different ASIO latency settings, and windows power settings.
STEMS 2.0 works fine , VDJ works fine, and no processor or RAM spikes. GPU on NVidia will run 95% on stems precompute for one minute depending on mp3 file size.
but i can do several hours of no glitches, then just erratic audio latency static.

did some nvidia driver changes , by suggestions from NVIDIA tech support
like rollback to driver 511.79

i continue to receive random audio cracks distortion static. with no errors in event timer.
settings with disabled stems 2.0,tried no precomputing stems, higher buffer latency, low FPS, different bit rates, low power gpu, and disable everything bluetooth, network, and updates.

still an erratic dpc buffer cracking. no help from Rane, or ASUS support.

warranty means nothing because hardware works, 3rd party software and hardware is their problem.

in search for replacement laptop.
ASUS ROG zephyrus with intel and RTX 4000 series?

any suggestions on a solid windows 11 platform laptop?

geposted Mon 30 Jan 23 @ 6:46 am
TO VIRTUAL DJ: You need to break the silence on this issue.
Taking all of the post above into consideration - Is there a suggestion on the best Windows Laptops to run Virtual DJ 2023?
One where we will not experience the intermittent stuttering.

geposted Mon 30 Jan 23 @ 11:54 am
BDJPETE wrote :
Yeh I read the comments in that Serato Forum and this problem is widespread affecting both Serato and Virtual DJ. My take now is that one of them should grab the bull by the horns and find out whats happening.

You are basically saying that it's not a DJ software problem
But then you are saying that the DJ software companies should fix it
It makes no sense to me...

geposted Mon 30 Jan 23 @ 12:25 pm
43%