Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: idjpool through VirtualDJ vs sub from idjpool directly
cnymikePRO InfinityMember since 2011
In years past I've subscribed to RPM and Promo Only and was very happy with both.

Now I want to consider a sub for idjpool but I'm not getting clarity on VirtualDJ's idjpool subscription.

It seems like a no-brainer for only $9.99/month but someone posted that it is a "lite" version of what you'd get if you subscribed from the idjpool website instead of through VirtualDJ, something like $50/month. Also there are some posts here about issues with the service.

So what's the real deal? Is it stripped down? Can you download virtually anything or are you limited particularly for back catalog stuff. Is it like Spotify in regards to the music available or not even close. Sure would like some more info on the service. Thanks.

geposted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 3:16 am
cnymikePRO InfinityMember since 2011
I think I've sort of answered my question. I started messing with VDJ and searched for songs in online music> idjpool. If this is accurately showing everything that's available with the $9.99 sub, it's nearly worthless. Only 200 songs in each major category with some categories having even less. How is that even close to being useful?

geposted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 3:47 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
online searches have a limit on the numbers returned, the catalog is bigger than appears, but yes there are differences between what's offered from each service.

geposted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 4:36 am
hipfanPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Ya so I've been with the service for a while now. Generally no issues, other than older music. But remixes and newer stuff always there. Plus you can save the songs and use them of line .

geposted Sat 28 Jan 23 @ 8:57 pm