Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Timecode Pitch Accuracy
I have two new Technics SL-1200MK7s.

When mixing real vinyl or with Traktor Scratch, I find that my pitch accuracy is dead on. I can beatmatch my tracks and just leave them and they don't drift (I've been doing this a long time lol).

However, with Virtual DJ, I find it nearly impossible to keep two tracks locked together. And the BPM displays in the software seem to indicate why, it isn't possible to really get both decks to be the same.

For example, one deck will be 126.23, and so I adjust the other deck and it will eventually read 126.53, so I make the most minute pitch adjustment (a millimeter or less) and then the deck BPM reads as 126.11.

Therefore in a mix, there's a drift. Whereas with Traktor, it isn't a problem to get them locked up and stay there. And yes, I use my ears and not the screens, but when the tracks continually drifted I started to dig deeper.

I have tried a variety of control vinyl. I have Traktor and Serato control vinyl, and I even purchases a couple Virtual DJ control vinyl. But they seem to all work similarly.

Of course I've gone through the calibration procedure in the SW.

Any ideas to improve pitch accuracy? Some magic setting I missed?

geposted Sun 05 Feb 23 @ 9:33 pm