Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer Opus Quad - Page: 1
Is it supported yet :)

Seriously I'm with Mojaxx, it's horrifically ugly. they must have got a Bang & Olufsen designer from the late 70s to put that thing together. Would look perfect in that Netflix documentary about Jeff Dahmer!

Oh and $3300 .........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEQJxJra9Lg

geposted Tue 07 Mar 23 @ 8:37 am
I actually kind of like the design - although I haven't touched one yet
... but of course I'm also from Bang & Olufsen's home country :)

geposted Tue 07 Mar 23 @ 11:53 am
Personally I like the screens - but not a fan of the "bronze/orange" color or the curved front.

geposted Tue 07 Mar 23 @ 3:58 pm
Agreed, the tech looks good but the presentation is weird to say the least.

geposted Tue 07 Mar 23 @ 4:45 pm
Saying this looks like B&O is an insult to Bang & Olufsen :-D

They had a store in a nearby town and I always gazed longingly through the window at the designs inside.

I guess Pio might be releasing some more stuff along these lines to differentiate it from the "industry standard" look.

geposted Tue 07 Mar 23 @ 6:20 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
liked all the fx approach of it, very stylish, i liked at lot.

geposted Tue 07 Mar 23 @ 8:39 pm
To my own, personal opinion, this unit seems to have been designed to be used mostly if not exclusively at homes.
Something like a "Stereo" / "Hi-Fi" replacement of the 80's
Or by the poolside of a mega yacht :P

It looks weird to us because it doesn't have the typical "club" design language that most controllers and other DJ gear have had for decades.
On the other hand, most DJ controllers/gear would seem somehow out of place inside a "family" living room.

So, to me, it's a niche product. And as such it also has some interesting features that remain to be seen if they are going to make it on other Pioneer products or not.

It's like as if a concept project somehow got approved to get released in public.

geposted Tue 07 Mar 23 @ 10:21 pm
There aren't many dj booths that are large enough for that thing ..... and they show it being used with a laptop as well. Has to be for a niche user or home use. I don't do mobiles , but I would guess that's pretty large for the mobile guys to carry around as well.

geposted Wed 08 Mar 23 @ 12:54 am
djsh69PRO InfinityMember since 2018
Does the Opus Quad support showing videos on the left and right screens?

geposted Wed 08 Mar 23 @ 8:19 pm
Probably too early to tell but I'm sure the dev team will advise in due course.

geposted Wed 08 Mar 23 @ 8:25 pm
djjohnnyrox wrote :
There aren't many dj booths that are large enough for that thing .....

Where do you guys work?? Ive been all over the Midwest and every booth Ive been too has plenty of room for that thing lol!!

geposted Thu 09 Mar 23 @ 7:50 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
To my own, personal opinion, this unit seems to have been designed to be used mostly if not exclusively at homes.
Something like a "Stereo" / "Hi-Fi" replacement of the 80's
Or by the poolside of a mega yacht :P

It looks weird to us because it doesn't have the typical "club" design language that most controllers and other DJ gear have had for decades.
On the other hand, most DJ controllers/gear would seem somehow out of place inside a "family" living room.

So, to me, it's a niche product. And as such it also has some interesting features that remain to be seen if they are going to make it on other Pioneer products or not.

It's like as if a concept project somehow got approved to get released in public.

I watched MixmasterGNL's Tuesday livestream (the creator of DJCU). He had a Pioneer Europe Rep on...he basically stated the unit was:

1) Intended to be a mobile dj's luxury model (for those DJs who want to be mobile and fashionable)

2) An experiment to see what they can change for future models (a few of the control positions have changed)

They made sure it won't flop by including things like full 4 deck standalone support. It is not intended as a replacement of the XDJ-XZ.

geposted Thu 09 Mar 23 @ 11:39 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've not looked at the promos because I don't care much, does it do anything interesting?, any ideas I should look at recreating in a "fair use in a transformative way".
And it is partially laziness, me not watching, but I've also found taking a synopsis of an idea means I make something different/[sometimes better] as what I would do copying exactly.

geposted Fri 10 Mar 23 @ 2:29 am
The only thing that caught my eye so far, is the "joystick" type of a few encoders.
Basically they are encoders with rotary and 5 buttons (up/down/right/left/push)
Time will tell if they are robust enough, and if they make things easier or not.

6 Way encoders are not something new. Some Allen & Heath controllers had jogs that used the same principal 15 years ago. But because they were used in jogs, they never become popular.

geposted Fri 10 Mar 23 @ 10:29 am
It seems almost like Pioneer design department has got a new design responsible who really want to show a new route has been taken.
There are just so much "not Pioneer" by the looks of it.
Perhaps they want to approach the Denon Prime's, and offer something similair. It also has got a feeling of using Android OS (just my personal thinking)

geposted Fri 10 Mar 23 @ 12:52 pm
I've been a long time Infinity VDJ user. Keeping my fingers crossed we'll get full support for the Opus Quad as l ordered mine last week.
I also check daily keeping my fingers crossed that there is a flight case for this. (If it's suppose to be designed for that mobile dj that wants to "look good")

geposted Tue 14 Mar 23 @ 12:39 pm
TheRealSnagaDj wrote :
keeping my fingers crossed that there is a flight case for this

Yes it will be made from carbon fibre with a choice of velvet or silk lining :-)

geposted Tue 14 Mar 23 @ 6:31 pm
I just find it bizarre that coming out of covid, a semiconductor shortage and a cost of living crisis that they'd create a "niche" product that most people can't afford and has divisive looks and an absurd price tag.

geposted Tue 14 Mar 23 @ 6:40 pm
Most likely it was conceived and designed before the "crisis" era.
It shares some of the design language of CDJ 3000, and therefore it's safe to assume that it was conceived a little after it. Remember, CDJ-3000 was released in the middle of the pandemic.
So, most likely this was conceived right after the pandemic, and before the crisis we experience the last year or so.
Therefore once designed and engineered it would not make sense to delay it any further (if it's not delayed already) since it's techonology and concept may become obsolete in an year or so.

geposted Tue 14 Mar 23 @ 9:50 pm
Hello, I ordered the Pioneer Opus quad and I receive it this week. I hope it will soon be supported by Virtual Dj. Thanks in advance to the developers and have a nice day everyone.

geposted Wed 15 Mar 23 @ 10:53 am
36%