Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ddj flx 6 gt merge fx
How do we change the settings of the merge fx feature for the flx6 gt?

geposted Fri 07 Apr 23 @ 6:33 pm
santydmControlleristMember since 2013
I have received a mail from some expert.. telling me that there is no option to change or configure the merge effect.

"Hello,
Unfortunately no. You cannot customize the merge FX with VDJ. the 4 available are preset / hardwired. "

this sucks.. rekorbox gives a nice configuration panel but I want to use VDJ.

geposted Thu 27 Apr 23 @ 4:21 am
santydm wrote :
I have received a mail from some expert.. telling me that there is no option to change or configure the merge effect.

"Hello, Unfortunately no. You cannot customize the merge FX with VDJ. the 4 available are preset / hardwired. "

While this is true -there is no interface to change them to other pre-defined merge effects - you can of course simply remap the buttons/knob to handle other effects

So this effect is locked to 4 pre-defined merged/stanced effects:

But here is an example of re-mapping it that I did a while back as a test, before it was added to the VDJ mapping:

... but then it won't be the default mapping doing it with the merge-fx effect, but rather you manually scripting it

santydm wrote :
this sucks.. rekorbox gives a nice configuration panel but I want to use VDJ.

Yeah, the Merge FX should have probably never been created by Pioneer. Every review of the FLX6 I watched back when it came out, frowned upon this big knob/button, that took up a lot of space, but was really a gimmick feature
- I guess that is why this type of function hasn't been on any new Pioneer gear released since then

geposted Thu 27 Apr 23 @ 9:32 am