Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Save Preferred Settings
Hi,
I'm hoping someone can help me out. I'm using VDJ 2022. Somehow my VDJ program reset itself back to default thus losing all my preferred settings. I was wondering if there was a way to save them so if it happens again I don't have to manually put everything back to how it was.
TIA Phil

geposted Mon 12 Jun 23 @ 7:12 pm
Check permissions on your home folder location. To find out where it is go to settings, options then click the cog in the bottom right corner.

Settings should be saved by default.

geposted Mon 12 Jun 23 @ 7:25 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello,

you don't have a backup of your database
the settings XML file and the database XML file

geposted Mon 12 Jun 23 @ 9:03 pm
might be a good time to upgrade since we've had automatic database updates for a while now.

and if you're worried about stems 2.0 - don't. you can always disable or use reduced quality (original stems) in Options.

geposted Mon 12 Jun 23 @ 10:13 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Check permissions on your home folder location. To find out where it is go to settings, options then click the cog in the bottom right corner.

Settings should be saved by default.

There is no cog in the bottom right corner. I had been told this was the way to do it but it's not there.

geposted Tue 13 Jun 23 @ 10:34 am
My database saves and keeps all my cue points etc. This is not where my problem is.

geposted Tue 13 Jun 23 @ 10:35 am
Well you're confusing me because that's what your first post said exactly .......

geposted Tue 13 Jun 23 @ 10:36 am
As mentioned, if you have database backups that you have created, then the backups contain all your settings, (preferred settings as you say).

The settings.xml file has been included in the database save/backups since early 2019.

and then late 2021 the feature of auto-database backups was added, and set/configured by the option: automaticDatabaseBackupPeriod

So if you have a database backup, you have all your "preferred settings" saved, since the backup contains the file, settings_backup.xml which is a copy of your "preferred settings", at the moment of the backup.

geposted Tue 13 Jun 23 @ 2:50 pm
I'll look into the database file and see if this does as you say. Still can't find the cog in the bottom right corner of the settings box.

geposted Wed 14 Jun 23 @ 7:28 am
The cog was introduced on VirtualDJ 2023.
So, if you're not using the latest version(s) you will not have it.

Finally, the database.xml file does not contain settings.
That's what settings.xml file does inside your VirtualDJ "home" folder.

However the Backup process that's built inside VirtualDJ will also take a backups of settings.xml file automatically when you tell it to backup the database.

geposted Wed 14 Jun 23 @ 8:49 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
The cog was introduced on VirtualDJ 2023.
So, if you're not using the latest version(s) you will not have it.

Finally, the database.xml file does not contain settings.
That's what settings.xml file does inside your VirtualDJ "home" folder.

However the Backup process that's built inside VirtualDJ will also take a backups of settings.xml file automatically when you tell it to backup the database.

Thanks for clearing that up for me.

geposted Wed 14 Jun 23 @ 11:40 am