Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Beatsource Stems
I am trying Beatsource for the first time inside VDJ. My computer works best precomputing stems in VDJ. However, I can't do pre-computed OR real time stems on Beatsource tracks in VDJ. In Serato, I can use real-time separation on my Beatsource tracks.

Am I missing something simple (which is likely) or is this a limitation?

geposted Fri 15 Dec 23 @ 3:52 pm
You could try the low quality real time stems

geposted Fri 15 Dec 23 @ 5:36 pm
Of course you can't precompute stems from a Beatsource track because they don't belong to you.

You can't record (or save) when you're only renting the tracks.

geposted Fri 15 Dec 23 @ 6:31 pm
groovindj wrote :
Of course you can't precompute stems from a Beatsource track because they don't belong to you.

I knew that part, and figured that was why I couldn't pre-compute...My main issue was why I couldn't use real-time low quality stems. I figured out that my real time stems setting was 'fully disabled'. I changed that setting to 'on-demand' and it now behaves like I was expecting.

geposted Fri 15 Dec 23 @ 7:04 pm
but serato can this - wrote he ;-)

"I can't do pre-computed OR -----> real time stems <----- on Beatsource tracks in VDJ"

...and vdj was also able to do it until it was switched off.
----------
It's nice if you found the error without help

geposted Fri 15 Dec 23 @ 7:08 pm
wollerosekauf wrote :
but serato can this - wrote he ;-)

"I can't do pre-computed OR -----> real time stems <----- on Beatsource tracks in VDJ"

...and vdj was also able to do it until it was switched off.
----------
It's nice if you found the error without help

I don't know what you are trying to say here. But my point was to refute the notion that it was simply because it was a streaming track. I pointed out that the same streaming tracks from the same streaming library could utilize stems in Serato, so I doubted that was my issue in VDJ. Even went so far as to say I was almost positive that I overlooked something and the problem was user error. I was seeking assistance on what the setting was because I was drawing a blank.

geposted Sat 16 Dec 23 @ 1:24 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
groovindj wrote :

For idjPool and SoundCloud you can actually precompute stems. They are drm-protected as well, so also stop working once you stop your subscription.
For beatport and beatsource the caching of songs is not in our control though, which is why we can't offer the same.

geposted Sat 16 Dec 23 @ 6:25 am
OK thanks for the clarification Adion.

geposted Sat 16 Dec 23 @ 10:41 am
Adion wrote :
groovindj wrote :

For idjPool and SoundCloud you can actually precompute stems. They are drm-protected as well, so also stop working once you stop your subscription.
For beatport and beatsource the caching of songs is not in our control though, which is why we can't offer the same.

Thanks for the clarification.

geposted Sat 16 Dec 23 @ 1:25 pm