Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: SYNC on DVJ + PITCH on MIDI TURNTABLE
djeliteHome userMember since 2023
If I'm using the SYNC button and adjusting the pitch on MIDI turntables, it seems the DJ setup gets very confused.

I'll have to raise/lower the pitch very drastically to mix clean but the readout for the pitch is way off.

I've fixed this by putting the MIDI turntable to ZERO and pressing the reset pitch button on VDJ.

Is there an easier/faster fix or even a way to prevent this from happening?

geposted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 3:15 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You could use a custom button with timecode_reset_pitch to have the pitch on the turntable match the pitch in vdj

geposted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 3:40 pm
@ Adion: I appreciate your response. I'll give that a try.

geposted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 3:46 pm
What do you mean by "MIDI turntable"?

In your other thread you were asking about timecode, so are you using timecode vinyl or something else?

Pressing sync sets the BPM of one deck to the same BPM as the other one, so you don't need to move the pitch control.

geposted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 3:46 pm
@Groovindj: I have established two distinct threads as they pertain to separate matters without any connection between them.

I am utilizing timecode vinyl on turntables equipped with MIDI technology.

Honestly, I'm uncertain whether the MIDI capabilities are truly impacting the problem I outlined.

geposted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 4:05 pm
There is a connection because you're asking about timecode vinyl in both of them.

If you're using timecode vinyl then MIDI doesn't come into it. People will be able to assist you better if you are specific about what equipment you're using (e.g. make and model).

geposted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 4:15 pm
@Groovindj: I understand the potential for confusion in this situation, and I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.

As for the other thread, I comprehend your point, however, if I inquire about a subject in the ABSOLUTE and RELATIVE domain, what other topic could I be referring to apart from timecode vinyl?

geposted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 4:20 pm
You didn't mention ABS/REL in this thread, so because you said "MIDI turntable" I had to check what you meant.

Some people call jogwheels 'turntables'. Some people who don't even have a controller call the decks in VDJ 'turntables'.

geposted Wed 20 Dec 23 @ 4:35 pm