Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Getting waveform image data
zavizalPRO SubscriberMember since 2023
I have a controller with an RGB screen, and I already have an application that works with the screens of my controller and the ability to integrate sending and receiving VirtualDJ script data there, for example through network control. I want to understand if I can get a waveform through network control or in some other way, for example by writing a plugin that sends data to my application.

geposted Thu 21 Dec 23 @ 11:53 pm
zavizalPRO SubscriberMember since 2023
Has anyone from tech support read this and will respond to me here? Or should I write on the forum in a topic dedicated to scripting? I'm interested in the technical feasibility of obtaining waveform image data or other data needed to draw such an image.
I didn’t find anything like that in script commands, only commands that control the display of the waveform in the desktop application. Is it possible to get this data in the C++ API?
Your mobile app runs over a network connection and displays the waveform. I could do some reverse engineering to look into this, but would like to hear from you first. Thank you!

geposted Sun 24 Dec 23 @ 8:53 pm
I don't think tech support is able to answer this question.
This has to be answered by one of the developers themselves.
Therefore some patience is required (especially this being the holidays season)

Once a dev sees your question, he will reply.

geposted Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 12:39 pm