Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VirtualDJ Update Problems
I've been using VirtualDJ for years and during the Christmas holidays my family gathers to celebrate the session and I provide the music using the NS6 controller with Virtual but this year there was no music in my celebration because the terrible VirtualDJ updated software has caused my AMD Windows 11 Desktop computer to BOD when plugin the USB connector (system Info)
VirtualDJ Software Updates Ruined My Christmas Family Holidays Celebration

OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro
Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
System Model MS-7D52
System Type x64-based PC
System SKU To be filled by O.E.M.
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G with Radeon Graphics, 4591 Mhz, 8 Core(s), 16 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends International, LLC. 1.30, 5/18/2022
SMBIOS Version 2.8
Embedded Controller Version 255.255
BIOS Mode UEFI
BaseBoard Manufacturer Micro-Star International Co., Ltd.
BaseBoard Product MPG X570S CARBON MAX WIFI (MS-7D52)
BaseBoard Version 1.0
Platform Role Desktop
Secure Boot State On
PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume7
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.22621.2506"
Time Zone Eastern Standard Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
Total Physical Memory 15.4 GB
Available Physical Memory 9.03 GB
Total Virtual Memory 23.9 GB
Available Virtual Memory 16.0 GB
Page File Space 8.50 GB

geposted Tue 26 Dec 23 @ 9:48 pm
Why didn't you test the update before the date/downgrade to the last usable version since the VirtualDJ update "ruined you Christmas celebration"?

geposted Tue 26 Dec 23 @ 10:32 pm
SepatroPRO InfinityMember since 2019
DJ VinylTouch wrote :
Why didn't you test the update before the date/downgrade to the last usable version since the VirtualDJ update "ruined you Christmas celebration"?

That's the job of the VDJ testing team. Not our job as DJs. I don't test my car after it's software upgraded, I assume tests have been carried out by the manufacturer.

geposted Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 9:28 pm
Sepatro wrote :
That's the job of the VDJ testing team

There are millions of VDJ users, all with different computers, different controllers, different configurations.

You expect Atomix to test on all possible combinations of computer and controller?

Even if they did have access to many thousands of computers and controllers, how long do you think it would take to make sure the software worked on every single setup?

Besides, a BSOD is a serious system error, specific to something on his computer.

geposted Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 9:55 pm
VDJ doesn't cause BSOD. Probably a hardware or driver fault.

geposted Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 10:03 pm
Sepatro wrote :
DJ VinylTouch wrote :

That's the job of the VDJ testing team. Not our job as DJs. I don't test my car after it's software upgraded, I assume tests have been carried out by the manufacturer.

Actually due dilligence is for everyone to parttake in, not just developers, and it's what separates professionals from amateurs.
Developers cannot catch every problem, especially due to the multitude of computer configurations. If you want to play the blame game that's fine, but if you have the ability to influence/minimize the problem with the outcome and you didn't make the effort, you are part of the problem.
Besides, if you look at what was typed by OP, there could be so much more in play there (as everyone said, a BSOD occurs as the result of a serious problem with the computer, is normally related to hardware failure/OS corruption, and could be analyzed through dumps) but somehow all of this is sidestepped with a conclusion that VirtualDJ did it, without any evidence or an ask to analyze the dumps that may have been captured. Devs are here to help, but they need something to go on, other than a rant.

geposted Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 10:58 pm