Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Browse push button bug at a Numark
Have the following mapping, (at a Numark mixtrack platinum FX):

BROWSE_PUSH

browser_window ‘folders,songs,sidelist’.

In order to jump to the respective column.

(BTW At folders column, when I press shift+browse button I expand the folders.. etc)

Everything is working great until suddenly … after some minutes or hours, randomly, the BROWSE_PUSH action get stuck at folders column and only expands the folders (without pressing shift) and stops changing columns (e.g. do not cycle through folders->songs->sidelist).

This happens almost every time at random instances and the only cure seems to be the restarting of vdj (after restarting everything gets back to normal).

Is there any cure for that? (looks like a bug).

And if not, is there any alternative mapping that might avoid the occurrence of this bug (?).

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

geposted Thu 11 Jan 24 @ 12:27 am
Are you sure that SHIFT itself doesn't get stuck ?
Have you tried to press SHIFT button (alone) a couple times and then try again ?
It's not unheard of buttons getting randomly stuck after some tear and wear..

geposted Thu 11 Jan 24 @ 8:49 am
Initially I want to thank you for your prompt response.

The controller is brand new and the problem is solved only by restarting vdj.

Further more the shift button does not affect any other action on the controller, (for example, if it was stuck then I presume it would be messing with the pads the jog wheels etc by giving different instructions).

It seems like a non mechanical issue, that’s why I’m wondering whether a different wording on the mapping might by pass this bug (I’m a total newbie on mapping..)

geposted Thu 11 Jan 24 @ 7:13 pm