Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Rane Seventy Two - Volume Faders problems
Hello, when I move the volume fader up, on the vjd screen shwos that the volume goes down, and viceversa... when i move the volume fader down on the mixer, the volume bar on vdj geos up, this is causing me a trouble to mix video... is the same case on boths faders (left and right)

geposted Tue 23 Jan 24 @ 2:52 am
It sounds like you have the reverse switches on for the upfaders. Can you check that on the front panel of the Rane mixer?

geposted Tue 23 Jan 24 @ 4:21 am
I already try with the switches, buy still when I move the volume down, on the vdj goes up...

geposted Wed 24 Jan 24 @ 1:23 am
Did you switch the levelfaderHamster option to true in the VirtualDJ options? If so switch that to false.

geposted Wed 24 Jan 24 @ 1:45 am
I made your recomendation switching the levelfaderHamster and still is doing the same.. also I already reset factory settings on the rane mixer.

geposted Wed 24 Jan 24 @ 3:29 am
next

geposted Wed 24 Jan 24 @ 3:49 am
Something fixed with all things that I did.. now the faders on vdj are follow the same direction as the mixer.

But the problem continue witht the video fader.. when I moved to the right show the video on the left and when I move to the left show the video on the right

Manual

Auto

geposted Wed 24 Jan 24 @ 4:00 am
I think you need to post your settings values for the following:

• crossfaderHamster
  • crossfaderCurve
  • levelfaderHamster
  • faderCurve
  • videoCrossfader

And possibly supply a video showing the problem/what you are trying to do (the pictures don't really tell a complete story).
The first picture shows the manual video fader to the left but the right video is playing and the audio crossfader in the center. Given you are using an external mixer and probably want that synced yo the video transitions, you shouldn't have the manual video fader on, you should leave videoCrossfader as linked to audio or smart. Are both decks actually playing in the photos? If so are they audibly playing (both upfaders are up)?

The other pictures do not really show anything wrong in VirtualDJ behaviour - it shows the audio crossfader is still center and the video crossfader is ghosted in a position to give the resulting output video seen. The upfaders in this case only have control over the video fader transition if videoCrossfader is set to linked to audio or smart and both decks are actually playing, since the audio crossfader is at the center position.
I think in my experience, smart mode can move the video crossfader a little more selectively than linked to audio.

We also can't rule out your faders being bad wrt the MIDI it is sending, but try to eliminate/iron out the configuration first.

geposted Wed 24 Jan 24 @ 4:01 pm
Thanks for the tips!... I was able to fix the problem, I just change the crossfaderHamster and the levelfaderHamster, set to "NO".

Regards!

DJ VinylTouch wrote :
I think you need to post your settings values for the following:

• crossfaderHamster
  • crossfaderCurve
  • levelfaderHamster
  • faderCurve
  • videoCrossfader

And possibly supply a video showing the problem/what you are trying to do (the pictures don't really tell a complete story).
The first picture shows the manual video fader to the left but the right video is playing and the audio crossfader in the center. Given you are using an external mixer and probably want that synced yo the video transitions, you shouldn't have the manual video fader on, you should leave videoCrossfader as linked to audio or smart. Are both decks actually playing in the photos? If so are they audibly playing (both upfaders are up)?

The other pictures do not really show anything wrong in VirtualDJ behaviour - it shows the audio crossfader is still center and the video crossfader is ghosted in a position to give the resulting output video seen. The upfaders in this case only have control over the video fader transition if videoCrossfader is set to linked to audio or smart and both decks are actually playing, since the audio crossfader is at the center position.
I think in my experience, smart mode can move the video crossfader a little more selectively than linked to audio.

We also can't rule out your faders being bad wrt the MIDI it is sending, but try to eliminate/iron out the configuration first.

geposted Thu 08 Feb 24 @ 4:20 am