Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Denon DN-S3700 Display Output
daleControlleristMember since 2015
Hi all,

I know these are ancient decks but they are what I have. I am eternally grateful for VDJ supporting these decks after all these years but I feel like a couple of things are a bit wrong and wonder if anyone can help me get them perfect:

Both decks are in Hybrid Mode, set to MIDI CH 1, one is unit 1 and the other unit 2. JOG Pulse 2960. Scratch Live for timecode.

These are the problems I have:

The timecode "jogs" in speed, ever so slightly about every second from 100% to 101% speed. It's not the end of the world but it's a little annoying. I have the settings in VDJ set to phase and I can pretty much use it normally.

The track display only works when I only connect one deck to VDJ. The second I connect both decks, the display just shows whatever was last displayed.

Sometimes I can only hear when the platter is moving forward. Sometimes, I can use the FW/Both switch to control it; other times, it is stuck on FWD.

The pitch bend buttons don't seem to work. The reason I have this is to manipulate the platters so it isn't a big deal but sometimes I want a tiny adjustment and the pitch bend buttons would be convenient for this use.

I can live with all of these things as I do not want to sell a kidney for another new controller with large spinning platters (I learned to DJ in the 90s on vinyl and can't let platters go) but would love it if someone has figured out a way to get these kinks out.

I'm on a very powerful Windows PC with a Ryzen 9 and 64GB of RAM. Kontrol Z1, and Skratch Audio 6 for the Timecode inputs from the decks.

I would also like to know if I should avoid updates in the future. Is VDJ going to drop support for decks like these?

I assume these decks are long dead and I won't get any support, but thank you so much in advance for any help.

geposted Tue 30 Jan 24 @ 12:27 am